Chapter 26

Brittany's pov

I was laying down, resting my back which ached. I felt my stomach excited for our baby boy. "Honey!" I call downstairs to my husband. Silence. Where is he? I strugglingly get up. I look out the window and smile. Jason was throwing a frisbee with Chris. I love that man. My mind flashes back to the day he picked them up as foster kids. Miranda had such anger for some reason.

~flashback~

I walked into her room where she sat on the floor crying and mumbling, "Don't get close. Don't get close while holding an old tattered teddy bear. I quickly walked over and sat beside her. "What's wrong?" She jumped in surprise. "Leave me alone." She whimpers scooting away. "What's wrong sweetheart?" I ask patiently. "They're all the same. They say they love you. They say they care. But it's all a sham to get the money it comes with for fostering us. They don't care about us!" "Well I don't know who this they is but we aren't getting any money." She looked up caught off guard. "Y-You're n-not?" I shake my head. "I'm going to be honest with you, Miranda. We have never been parents before. But I know we can be good ones if you give us a chance." She's very reluctant. "Please." "You promise you won't give us back?" I smile. "I promise that and that we will find you and your brother a wonderful home that loves the both of you very much."

~flashback over~

I smile, remembering that day. I'm so glad we only kept one promise. "Britt!" I hear Jason call. I look out the window and they weren't outside anymore. "Coming Ja-" I get cut off by a sudden low pain. "What's..." I fall slightly, gripping the window sill. "Hey honey, I'm going to go pick up Miranda!" He shouts from downstairs. Panic sets in for me. He can't leave. I'm so scared. "JASON!!!" I manage to scream as loud as I can.

Jason's pov

What the hell? Chris looks up the stairs worried. "What was that dad?" He gapes. "I don't know but I'm about to find out." I quickly bolt up the stairs, screaming my wonderful wife's name. I open the door. She was on her knees gripping her stomach. "Babe!" I gasp, running over and hitting my knees in front of her. "Baby girl, what's wrong? What happened?" "I don't know!" She manages to say. "My stomach... J-Just started hurting!!" My poor baby girl! I help her stand and she cries out in pain. "Chris get your coat and get in the truck. Hurry!" I call down to my young 8 year old. I sweep my sweet girl into my arms. "It's gonna be okay baby. We'll go to the doctor and see what's up." "Oh God it hurts!" She screams, grabbing my shirt. I fight back the tears of fear and sadness seeing my angel in so much pain. "Hang in there Britt." I carry her downstairs and get her buckled up. Chris was already buckled up. I Bluetooth my daughter. "Honey have Garret take you to the hospital. Your mother is in excruciating pain and we're getting her checked out there." "Oh God daddy is she okay?!" She gasps worried. I bite my lip, taking a turn. "W-We don't know, sweetie. Just m-meet me up th-there." "Ok daddy. I love you and tell Mom I love her." "Ok." I get off the phone. "Miranda says she loves you." "I k-know. I h-heard." She whimpers through tears and gritted teeth. I hold her hand worried out of my mind. "Jason I think I've gone into labor!" My eyes go wide. Why didn't I think of that?! She's almost 37 weeks pregnant! "That's gotta be it, babe!" I gun it as fast as I can to the hospital. My wonderful daughter and Garret rush over with a wheelchair. I set Brittany into it. "What's wrong with her dad?" "I think she's gone into labor." I hear Miranda gasp behind me. "R-Really?" "I'm not sure." I say nervously. We get inside. "I think my wife has gone into labor. She's in intense pain and thirty seven weeks pregnant." "Oh goodness yes she has. Follow me.

Miranda's pov

I want to follow but he calls back, "Stay in the waiting room with Garret." "B-But d-dad-" I whimper worried, cut off by my tears. Garret hugs me. "You wouldn't have been allowed back. You're not old enough." "What if Mom dies?" I gasp. "She can't!" Chris shouts, staring at me shocked and terrified. "I'm sorry Chris!" I say hugging him. "She won't die. I promise." "Don't make promises you can't keep, sis." He mumbles into my shirt. I hug him tight and Garret hugs us both.

Jason's pov

Everything was going so fast. I was so scared for my girl. I held her hand tightly. It was shaking in mine. Her face was soaked with sweat. "J-J-Jason..." She whimpers. "It's gonna be alright baby." I say, my voice shaking with worry. "You've gotta push Mrs. Aldean." The doctor says. She screams in pain. I hear the sound of a baby crying and my heart starts racing faster. "M-My baby." I mumble staring in shock at the end of the bed. Brittany was breathing hard. "Jason?" She mumbles disoriented. "Britt.... He.... He's here." I walk to the edge of the bed where the doctor held my son. "Congratulations." He said, handing him to me. "Thanks." I shakily said. The tiny little boy yawned and sucked on his hand. I smile as tears roll down my cheeks. "Welcome to the world, Memphis Aldine Williams." I whisper happily. I walk back to Britt. "My beautiful little baby." She says, sitting up. I help her. I hand the infant to her. "He's beautiful, Jase." I smile and nod, hugging them both. My tiny little boy sneezes making me laugh. "He's perfect." I say, gladly. "Can someone fetch my kids from the waiting room?" Someone leaves to do that. My wife smiles at me. "I love my wonderful life with you, Jason Aldine Williams." I smile proudly and kiss her. "And I love my life with you, Brittany Layne Williams." She smiles and we share a kiss before I hear my teenage daughter say, "So where is the little bugger?" Chris runs into the room and climbs on the bed. "I'm a big brother!" I pat his head. "Yes you are Chris." Miranda walks over and hugs me. "He's amazing dad. Can I hold him?" "Of course, sweetheart." I hand him to her. "I promise, I will protect you from anything." I hear Chris whisper. He's such a great big brother already.

Miranda's pov

I walk over to Garret who smiles his I'm feeling out of place smile. "Just imagine this being us." I say, holding my sleeping brother. "Do you think we'd be good at it?" He asks, chuckling nervously. I smile and nod. "Oh yeah." "Let's just wait til you're old enough and settled down." Daddy calls making us both laugh. "Of course." My boyfriend calls. "Welcome to this crazy ass family Memphis. You're gonna need all the help you can get." I say smiling. My whole family including my boyfriend starts laughing. I love my family.