Chapter 56

Miranda's pov

Mom and dad wanted to celebrate the baby news which of course made me laugh. They're going all out and super excited. They invited the grandparents and all the aunts and uncles and dad's numerous country music friends. While everyone was socializing, I felt a little crowded so I walked outside. My little brothers were playing basketball. I smiled while watching them, remembering everything. I never imagined my life would turn out this way. I'm surrounded by so much family and people who love me when before I was an orphan, furious and terrified of everyone. I shake my head and smile just thinking what would my younger self say if she could see me now. She'd probably be jawdropped. Suddenly I'm pulled by my thoughts when Jeremy hugs me. I laugh softly and hug him tight. "Thanks for saving me, sis." He says, almost making me cry. "I love you Jeremy." I shakily whisper. "You okay?" He asks confused. I laugh softly and nod. "Hormones, kiddo." I hear dad say behind me. I feel his hand on my shoulder as Jeremy runs back to play. "He's such a happy little boy now." I say, hugging dad. "Heh makes me think of when we first met." He says shocking me. "I was just thinking about that." I say, trying not to start crying again. Daddy laughs. "Oh you're so hormonal. It's adorable." I glare at him. "Shut up dad!" I gasp embarrassed. He laughs again. "Seriously though you doin' okay?" I nod. "Just reminiscing." I say. We walk onto the porch where my amazing husband is. I hug him tight as my goofy uncle shakes his hand. "Congratulations, Garret." Mom holds my hand and says, "Lemme show you something." I was walking inside with her when I heard, "You can't have a baby without a shower." I turned around in time to see dad and Luke dump a bucket of water on Garret. He screams in surprise, soaking wet. Everyone laughs including me. "I love you." I say hugging him, despite the wetness. "I love you too, my queen." He says kissing me. My friends and family clap and cheer. God I love my life.