Chapter 28

Jason's pov

Me and Mike were looking through some songs for the album when Danny called. "What's up, bro?" I ask pausing the sound clip. "Hey Jase you busy?" "Not really. Just at the studio." "Well since June's pregnant can you help me set up the crib. I can't do it." I bite my lip. Poor Danny. "Of course, I'll be over there in about ten minutes." I get off the phone and stand up. "I gotta go help my brother. I'll be back in a couple hours." "Ok see ya then." I head to Danny's. "Thanks, Jason." June says hugging me. "No problem." Danny looked really bummed. "Hey." He says forcing a fake smile. "The boys are upstairs, wanting to help too." He says pointing. I wish I could help him walk again. I head upstairs. "Hey kids." I get to work setting the crib up when my phone rings. Thomas answers it for me. "Put it on speaker." I say, holding a screwdriver while under the crib. "It's Aunt Brittany." Brett says. "Hey hun." I say. "Hey Jason, where are you?" "At Danny's. What's up?" "Oh well I'm taking the kids to the park. It'll do Memphis some good to get some sunshine." I smile. "Alright honey. Have fun." He hangs up my phone. "Pass me the instructions."

*A few weeks later*

While Danny was at a doctor's appointment for his back, I went to work building a ramp to the second floor of his house. It'll help big time. "I wish I could help him walk again." I mumble sadly. "Isn't there something we can do?" "I don't know." June says. "That's what he's doing at the doctor's. Finding out if there's anything we can do." "There it should work now." She smiles. "He'll be able to get upstairs to the nursery now." We hear a car park in the driveway. I wipe the sweat off my face and hear my wonderful wife opening the door. "Surprise!" I say. "Wow!" He gasps shocked. "Oh my gosh! Thanks so much!" I hug him. "Now ya can get upstairs to the nursery and to the boys' rooms." June excitedly says running over and hugging him. "Oh you're just the best." She says hugging me. I smile. "Aw I just love to help out." I say blushing. "So Danny boy is there something we can do to help you walk again?" He smiles. "Well there's this one surgery." He says gladly. "It's gonna take alot of physical therapy but I know I won't give up. I wanna be able to walk my little girl down the aisle." My eyes go wide in surprise. "Your little girl?" "Yep." He says proudly, looking close to tears. "I'm having a daughter." Wow. I'm getting a niece. A sweet little princess me and Danny and the rest of the guys are gonna spoil. I can't wait. God I love my family.