Chapter 39

Miranda's pov

I walked into the familiar building that always reminds me of my childhood. I see graying man at the counter passing papers to a receptionist. I fight back the tears. "Oh Max it's so good to see you again!" I gasp. He turns around, looking confused. "It's me, Miranda. The troublemaker." He smiles. "Wow! Look at you!" He gasps walking over. We share a big hug. "I'm so happy to see you." I whisper. "I missed you, Miranda. How are you and Chris doing?" "Exceptionally well, Max. Chris is on the baseball team and the robotics club. Our adoptive parents are the best ever. We've got a baby brother now. He's going on six. I've never been happier." He smiles. "You're so grown up. You look amazing. What are you doing here?" "I'm a social worker. Just like you. I want to help kids just like you did for me all those years ago." He smiles. "You're going to make such a wonderful social worker." He hugs me again tightly.

Jason's pov

"I got me a little girl now and she's got he daddy's little grin." I hear Brittany singing. Memphis was falling asleep in his bed. Chris stood in the doorway smiling. "Head to bed son. You've got school." He hugs me. "Love you dad." "Love you too." I say smiling. I love my kids. Memphis was asleep and me and Britt went to bed.

Miranda's pov

*A few days later*

My first case! I nervously open the folder. A little blonde boy stares back at me through a Polaroid. I read through the information. The father abuses him. No mother in the picture. God. This poor boy. "I'll save you." I whisper determined.

Sorry it's so short