Chapter 52

Miranda's pov

Garret was a little surprised. "Sorry it was sort of last minute. I felt awful just leaving them and I really don't want him to lose her." He hugs me. "Hey it's okay. You don't need to apologise. You're so awesome, Miranda." I smile proudly. "So are you." Garret walks over to the very nervous father daughter duo. "You can stay here until you find a job and get back on your feet. That way you don't lose your daughter." He says. "I just... Feel like a burden to you." I sigh and walk over. "Jacob I lived through the foster care system. It was the worst experience of my life. You're a wonderful loving father. And there is nothing wrong with needing a little help. Natalie will not go into foster care but only if you live here instead of in your car." I say sternly. "If you say no, I'm going to have to call this in and I don't want to do that." He sighs, his shoulders slumping in defeat. "Okay." He finally says. "You look exhausted. I think we all need some rest."

*The next day*

Jason's pov

Miranda told me about Natalie and Jacob so while he was job hunting her and Garret brought Natalie over to the house. Jeremy has come out of his shell more but he's still skittish around anyone bigger than him. Other than me and Britt of course. "Oh daddy I've got some great news! Leila and her siblings, we found their paternal grandparents so they don't have to go into the system!" Miranda excitedly says hugging me. "I love you so much sweetheart!" It's crazy to think about the girl I first met to the girl she is now. What a huge difference. Her 12 year old self would be jaw dropped. "Hey Natalie, do you want to come see the horses?" "Y-Yeah." The shy girl says, hoping my daughter's hand. Memphis, Chris, and Jeremy decide to join too. Britt brings out a tray of biscuits. "Where did everyone go?" "The kids went to ride horses." "Heh sadly the eldest isn't a kid anymore." I laugh and grab a biscuit. "Don't remind me." Garret was looking out the window. "God that woman is so amazing." I hear him whisper. Brittany smiles and I hug her tight. "We did great, didn't we honey?" She whispers, laying her head on my shoulder. I smile and nod. "Yep. We did great."