A Trip

Miranda's pov

I was sitting in math class when a balled up piece of paper lands on my desk. I open it and the word orphan is written there in big black block letters. I burst into tears and run out of the room. Seconds later, Garret, my bully walks out smiling. "Nobody wants you!" He says, crossing his arms. I glare at him. "So." He laughs. "You're gonna die alone! You ugly stupid orphan girl!" "Leave me alone" I scream crying. I shove him in the chest and he grabs my wrist. "Don't touch me. I don't want your orphan germs!" He sneers. I grit my teeth in rage. He drags me into the bathroom ad dunks my head in the toilet then flushes it. I scream for help while choking on water.

Jason's pov

*Later*

I'm so excited. We're gonna take them to Disneyworld and tell them there. "We've just gotta make sure little man doesn't find out." I say smiling at the sleeping four year old. I zip my suitcase as Britt prints the tickets out. I hear the bus pull around. "She's home! Let's wake Chris." Brittany says excited. I went to go do that when Miranda ran in crying and ran to her room! Oh man. I quickly walk after her worried and knock on the door. "GO AWAY!!" I wonder what happened to the poor girl! I open the door anyway. She was sobbing into her pillow and her hair was wet. It wasn't raining. Why is her hair wet? I sit beside her. "Sweet girl, what happened?" "I don't want to talk about it!" I scoop her into my arms and she cries hard into my chest, gripping my shirt for dear life. "Nobody will want me because of my anger issues. I'll never have a family who wants to adopt me!" "That's not true!" "He's right about everything!" Huh?! "Who's right?" "Garret! He said I was a no good orphan nobody would ever want!" She screams crying even harder. I wrap my arms around her shaking body, feeling nauseous. What fucked up kid would say that to her?! "That isn't true Miranda! You know it isn't!" "Liar! It is true! I'm too broke for anybody to love! I'm just an accident! A mistake!" I hug her tight. "Baby please don't talk like that!" "Why not?! It's true. Death is the only escape to this cruel existence." "Stop it. Think about Chris. He doesn't wanna lose his big sister! She shakily looks up. "Speaking of Chris..... I'm only keeping him from finding a family. Someone will adopt him. I want him to be happy." "Oh man. You poor confused girl." I say shaking my head and hugging her to my chest again. "I won't separate you two. I pinkie promised on it. Remember?" "But without me, messing up Chris's interviews, he'll find someone who wants him! Even... Even if they don't want me." "Stop it. I'm not gonna do that."

*Later*

I tell Brittany all that she said. "That poor baby. It's a good thing we're going to adopt them soon." I nod, beyond pissed about the little shit that said that to my little girl. I go downstairs to get a drink and find her backpack. It was unzipped and the piece of paper sticking out infuriated me and broke my heart in two at the same time. I crumple it in my fist, my hand shaking with fury. "That kid is toast."

*The next day*

Miranda's pov

Garret kept taunting me behind my back. I kept my head down, pretending his insults didn't hurt me. But inside, they're carving out more scars of sadness. The door opens, making the teacher jump. I keep my stare down until the person at the door says something and my head snaps up. "Which one of you shits is Garret Hardy?" Jason says, thoroughly angry. What's he doing?! How'd he even find out who it was!? "Well!" He shouts impatient. "Um you can't just barge into my classroom like that!" Mrs. Weslow shouts steamed. "Sit the hell down woman! If you were doin' your job, and protecting your students, I wouldn't have to. Jason sees me. I point behind myself at Garret.

Jason's pov

Bingo. "You little jerk." The boy's face turns white as a ghost. "Come here boy. Don't make me say it twice, so help me God." He terrifiedly walks over. I grab his shirt. "If I ever find out, you're harassing her again, I will make you regret it. Understand me?!" He shakily nods and I let go of his shirt. "I don't know how you get kicks out of hurting an innocent little girl! I will not stand for it. Next time I won't be so nice and forgiving. Miranda get your things. We're going somewhere." She's shocked. We go out to my truck. "OH MY GOSH THAT WAS TOTALLY WICKED!" She gasps excited. I smile and hug her. "You matter. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. Your brother counts on you and looks to you. And if he ever messes with you again, tell him he'll have me to deal with." She tears up. "Thank you!" She gasps hugging me. I smile. "Let's head home and pick up Chris and Britt. We've got a weekend trip planned."

*A few hours later*

We get to Florida. "What are we doing here?" I smile and hand her her ticket. "OMG!! WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!?!" I laugh softly at her reaction and nod. "Let's go kids!" We catch a tram to the parks. Brittany smiles knowingly. "Now Chris, I know you're a huge fan of Mickey. So ya wanna meet him?" "Meet Mickey!!?" He gasps shocked. I nod. "Meet Mickey Manda!!" He gasps grabbing Miranda's arm. She laughs. "Lets go meet Mickey, buddy!" She says.

Miranda's pov

Chris is bouncing off the walls in anticipation. The person in the Mickey suit walks out and he screamed Mickey. Jason and Brittany laughed as he ran over to him. He hugs him and I walk over to take pictures with him. Then he hands me a sign. I look at it confused. It reads, "We've been in foster care for 866 days but today we're getting adopted!" Huh?! "What?!" I cry, shocked. "We're getting adopted?! But how?! Who?!" I look to my foster parents who are smiling. They both walk over and hug me and my little brother. "Welcome to the family, Miranda. We love you."  I burst into tears of joy. Me and Chris are finally getting adopted! And by the best people in the world!