Chapter 37

Jason's pov

Jessie and Talia's mother finally recovered and she was able to get them. They we're packing their stuff. "Thanks for taking care of us while mom was resting." Talia says. "We were happy to." I say hugging the darling little girls. They go back home and little Memphis was standing holding the table. "Ooh Miranda's gonna hate to miss this." I say pulling out my phone to record it. "Come on buddy. Come to mama!" Brittany said getting on her knees. My awesome little man smiles and tried walking to his mommy. Then Chris walked out of the kitchen with some Oreos. He was just watching. Memphis turned and started walking to him, making everyone laugh. "See ya ain't missin' much princess." I say then turn off the video. I send it to her and walk over. "Ugh you chose cookies over me?" Brittany fake whines picking him up. Chris laughs again and hands him a cookie. "Oh boy, now I'm outnumbered." I laugh and hug her. "That just means you've got more boys to treat you like a queen!" Chris says, making me smile. "I love my boys!" She says hugging them both.

*Later*

"You and me hunting tomorrow right dad?" Chris asks while I was doing the dishes. I smile and nod. "Roger. But don't go kicking my ass like ya did last time." He laughs. "What can I say? I've got skills!" He says. My competitive drive tries to win. "I'm just glad we get to do things like this together." I say hugging him. "Ah! Dad your hands are wet!" "Oops!" I say laughing. I hear Memphis crying. "Looks like somebody doesn't want to go to sleep." I say heading for the stairs. "Head to bed, Chris. We've gotta get up early." I get to our room and Britt was frustrated, trying to get him to go to sleep. "He's got gas, big time which is why he's so fussy." "I'll take over, babe. Get some sleep." I say, taking him from her and kissing her. "Thanks Jase, love ya." "Love you too." I head to his nursery. "Now why're you givin' mama a rough time, little man." I gave him his pacifier and tried burping him to get the gas out. But he was still screaming. I sigh and sit in the rocker. "Let's try something different, huh?" He looked up at me and sniffled, dropping ha pacifier. I pick it back up. "We were livin' for the minute, lovin' every second of it, careless, wild, and free. Nothin' could stop us! But one day time caught up to us! And woke us up in the middle of our dreams! But not before she loved me! She loved me!" I sing to him. He stares at me not crying with his mouth hanging open. "Oh little man teething sucks doesn't it." He screams again! "Ok ok! I'll keep singin' calm down!" I gasp, caught off guard. It's a mix between teething, gas, and not wanting to go to sleep. I sing hicktown to him and before too long, he drifted off to sleep. I look up and see Britt smiling at me. "You're such a good father, Jay." I smile and stand up. "It's definitely fun." She laughs and I lay him in the crib. "There ain't nothin' better than bein' parents." I say, smiling down at my sleeping baby. He's amazing. I love being a dad.