Chapter 65

Jason's pov

Anna and Ben finally got adopted. To say I'm relieved would be an understatement. Today was the day Sabrina was graduating college. I was so excited to see how far that little girl has come. As soon as the ceremony was over, she ran over and hugged us both. "Wow! You're gonna pop any day!" She says, making me laugh. "I can't wait!" Miranda says, hugging her. "Ooh I found that magazine you're in dad! It was an awesome article!" I smile. "Just speaking the truth." I say. "What article?" Jeremy asks. "Oh they interviewed me about music but we ended up discussing the fostering we've been doing throughout the years. Heh the headline read Mother and Father of 19 kids. Partially misleading but also kinda true." Sabrina smiles and hugs me again. "Every kid that comes through that door is still my kid." I say gladly.

*a few days later*

Miranda's pov

Dad texted asking if I was busy and of course I'm not since I'm physically exhausted from being pregnant. He came over. "I want to start a charity organization, one that helps those teens that would age out of the system be able to get jobs and scholarships to college. I hate knowing they don't have anywhere else to turn." I force a smile, my body aching. "I love your big heart dad." I say. "I've got it mostly set up already after talking to social services. I just wanted to see what you thought?" I smile. "I think it's awesome. He hands me a pamphlet. "Ooh a mentorship program? That's awesome!" I gasp. "I got volunteers from all trades to come teach these kids a good trade so they won't struggle to find a good job." I hug him. "You're the best dad ever." He sits beside me on the couch. "How ya doin' hun?" "Physically not so great. Just waiting til it's time." I say, trying to ignore the fiery pain shooting through my back. "I was thinking." He says, looking nervous. "What's wrong?" I ask. "I was thinking of retiring from music. I wanna throw my life into this instead." Whoa. "I... I don't know what to say dad." I say, shocked. He forces a smile. "I just know these kids need me." Wow. "If it's really what you want to do, I won't stop you." Ugh I gotta go to the bathroom again. "Where's Garret and Matilda?" "Matilda is at school and Garret is at work. They called him in on his damn day off. Not happy about that." I tell him about having to go to the bathroom and that I need help up. He laughs softly and helps me stand up even though it's a struggle. I was walking to the bathroom when I felt something warm and wet run down my leg. "W-What? Oh my God!! Daddy my water broke!" He stared at me shocked. "You're kidding." I shake my head, a little scared. "I'll call Garret." He says, pulling out his phone. I nervously walk to the door. "Just go slow hun I'm right here." He helps me in his truck. "It doesn't hurt yet thank goodness." Dad calls mom after getting off with Garret. "D-Dad I... I'm scared."

Jason's pov

Wow. I just got a flashback from when she was a kid. I hug her tight. "You're gonna do great, hun. When those amazing babies get here, you're gonna be so happy." I drive to the hospital and see Garret and Matilda. "Mom!" She cries running over. I get a wheelchair and tell the ER woman.

*a few hours later*

I sat with my granddaughter, nervous as all hell. Multiple births are always high risk. And I haven't heard anything from anyone. I hope she's okay. I lay my head back and close my eyes, sending up a prayer for my daughter and grandbabies. Britt was too nervous to sit and was pacing, reminding me of myself. Also reminding of how perfect we are together. "Grandpa is mom gonna be okay?" I nod and hug the little girl. "I can't wait to be a big sister." She says. I force a scared smile. "Me too, kiddo." "Hey you must be Matilda!" A nurse in blue scrubs says smiling. She nods, looking nervous. "Is mom alright?" The nurse nods. "She asked me to come get you. Are you ready to meet your baby sisters and brother?" She jumps up excited and nods. I stand up and follow them. "Come on hun." I say, hugging Britt. "I've called the boys and told them I had no clue when we'd be home." She's super worried. "Hey babe she's alright." I say, holding her hands. We finally get to her room. One nurse held one baby and Miranda and Garret held the other two. "Whoa! They're so small." Matilda says, looking shocked. The nurse smiles. I pull up a chair and Matilda sits in it as the nurse hands the baby to her. Miranda passes me her phone. "Record this for me." She says. "This is big sister holding baby Hazel!" My sweet daughter excitedly says, smiling with tears in her eyes. "I'm gonna be the best big sister ever." She says, making me smile as I sit on the edge of the bed. Garret hands one baby to Britt. "That's Parker." I smile. "Little man is as calm as can be." I say. They're all pretty quiet. "Little Ava was the only scare we had. Otherwise healthy and happy." Miranda says, holding the smallest new addition to the Aldean clan. "What happened?" I ask. "The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck but they were able to get it off." She handed little Ava to me. "Wow. You're the cutest little angel I've ever held." I say, gladly. "I'm so proud of you." I say hugging her. "I love you dad." She says. I'm a lucky man.