Chapter 42

Miranda's pov

I was heading to a house to investigate a suspicious call from a concerned neighbor and just as I pulled up I could hear a woman screaming angrily. A sweet woman waited worriedly at the curb. "Someone has to save that girl!" "I will ma'am. Thanks for calling it in." I walk up to the door. "You worthless ungrateful little bitch!!" I angrily knock on the door ignoring the Flashbacks that causes me about my ex father. The silence that ensues after is deafening. He door swings open. A very angry woman stood in the doorway. "What?" She growls. "I think you need to calm the hell down. Everyone on this block can hear you cussing your kid out." "My kid. More like my ungrateful unwanted spawn of Satan." Anger flares up in me hearing the heartbroken cries of the girl. I shove the woman out of the way. "How am I ungrateful?! I watch the kids while you go out to bars and get wasted!" The girl shouts angrily. Kids? I reach a hand out and help her up. "How many siblings do you have?" "Three. I've basically raised them." She whimpers, wiping the tears from her eyes. "Raised them my ass!" The mother, if I can call her that, grumbled. "Well you certainly didn't! I made them dinner. I helped them with their homework. I put them to bed at night! All while you were hounddogging it up on randos at the bar!!" "That's enough!" The mother says, stomping over. I stand in between them. "Dad agrees with me!" The little 13 year old girl yells hiding behind me. I'm gonna save these kids.