Chapter 19

Jason's pov

Britt was still feeling sick so I made her some soup. "It ain't like Mama made it but it'll do." She jokes making me smile. Everyone knows no one can cook like Mama Williams. "Dad!!" I hear Chris yell downstairs. "Coming!" I call back, walking downstairs. "Where's your sister?" "On that date." He says laughing slightly. "What's so funny?" "Oh nothing. The guy is just a loser. Thinking my sis likes him really it's only cause he was dangling off the ferris wheel til she said yes." "What?!" I gape, caught off guard. "It's nothing. She'll go out tonight and never talk to him again!" He sits on the couch and turns the tv on. I worriedly call her.

Miranda's pov

I'm caught off guard actually enjoying Garret's company. He was telling me about his mom's cancer which is why he wants to become a doctor. "Garret that's so caring. I hope you succeed." I say, setting my hand on his. He smiles. "Me too... I... I uh I want to apologize for middle school. It's when I lost her and I took a bad road." I smile. "I forgive you, Garret." We share a hug. He pays for my dinner. "Ya wanna head to the skating rink?" I smile. "How about the bar instead?" "You can get into a bar!" I laugh. "Hello, my dad's a famous country singer." "Lucky." He says making me laugh again. We drive down to Tootsie's orchid lounge. My phone rings right before I walk in. "Hey Dad." I say leaning on the wall beside the door. "I... Chris told me about you not wanting to go on this date. Do you want me to come get you?" I glance at Garret who was talking to the doorman. His short brown hair slicked back. I smile. "It's alright daddy. I'm actually having a pretty great time." "Are you just saying that honey?" I shake my head. "No really I'm okay. He's not the jerk he was back in middle school." "Alright. Call me if you need me." "I will." I get off the phone. "Hey Lennie." I say waving to the doorman. "It's been a while since you and your daddy rocked the stage." I smile. "Sorry this cowgirl is on her own tonight." He smiles and pats my head. "Have fun." I nod and we go inside. The usual band that plays here is pretty awesome. Their band name is Hashtag South. "Bradley, what's up!" I say hugging the bassist. "Long time no see cowgirl. What ya been up to?" "Waiting for you guys to come back to Tootsie's duh! As if I have a life!" I joke. He and his wife Katie laugh. "Missed you kiddo." She says hugging me. "Missed you too."

*Later*

Garret dropped me off at home. "I had so much fun with you tonight." He says holding my hands. "Me too. I'm glad you asked me out." To my utter shock, he kisses me. My heart pounds outta my chest but it's the most comfortable thing ever! It's never felt more right! Am I really falling for the same kid that bullied me in middle school. The door suddenly opens, pulling us apart. I stare at him shocked as the truth hits me clear out of the water! I am.