Chapter 29

Jason's pov

I was playing an acoustic show at a bar downtown. The fans were on their feet. It was very wild in there. And even though I'm already sweating like crazy..... "Someone crank the heat up cause we're about to burn it down!"

Brittany's pov

"Did you get your homework done?" I ask Chris. "All but a little math I don't understand. Is dad good at math?" I shrug. "We'll see when he gets home." Poor Jason's been worried about Danny. He's paranoid something will go wrong with his surgery next week. I head up to Miranda's room. "How's homework coming?" "Good. I'm almost done, mom." I notice a book on child psychology. "Miranda why... Why do you have this?" "Well I'm thinking of becoming a social worker. I'll be able to help kids that were like me and Chris. Who knows, maybe even foster kids like you and dad do." I smile and hug her. "You're gonna make a great social worker." "Nobody knows it better than someone who has been through it." She says. I remember when she was such a confused angry little girl. And neo when I look at her, I can't even imagine it. I hear Memphis wake up. "I've got him, mom!" Chris shouts. I head out there as Jason gets home. It's so cute seeing Chris holding Memphis who at the moment was crying. "What's wrong little man?" Jason says, opening the door. I smile and Chris hands him to me. "He's got his daddy's lungs." I say kissing my husband. Chris shouts, "Eww!" which makes us both laugh. "How was the show?" I ask. "Great. The crowd was rowled up and loud."

*Later*

Jason's pov

"Lights out sweetheart." I say clicking Miranda's light off. "Hey Dad when's that little boy coming?" We were going to foster another kid. "Not for a little while. He's not doing so well honey." "He had another panic attack?" I nod. "It might be a few weeks. The poor kid is terrified of everything after what he's been through. Goodnight honey." The poor kid we were planning on fostering is named Charles and he had been abused ever since he was a toddler. He doesn't know anything but fear. That's why I knew me and Britt could help him. I know I won't give up on him like every other foster parent that's take him in. My phone rings when I walk into my room. It's Danny. "Hey bro how goes it." "I scared to do the surgery, Jason. I just don't think mentally I can do the physical therapy without freaking out." "Danny, you can do it. We all believe in you. You're the strongest man I know! And I am going to be there every hard fought step of the way." "Thanks. I don't know if I can get through this without you." I smile. "Glad to help, Danny." I get off. "Is everything alright?" Brittany asks. I nod. "He's just a little scared for the surgery." I lay beside her. "He's one of the bravest men I know." She says making me laugh. "Hey what about me?" She laughs too. "I don't know honey. How can you if you're scared of spiders?" She teases. "Oh come on I ain't afraid of spiders! I'm afraid of poisonous ones bitin' me or the kids." She laughs. "I'm playin' Jay. You're brave too." I smile and kiss her. "You're the best baby girl." I say hugging her to my chest. We share another kiss then head to bed.