Chapter 36

Jason's pov

I smile, seeing my amazing daughter slow dancing with her soon to be husband. I hold Memphis who's fast asleep on my shoulder. We were throwing a party to celebrate Miranda's engagement. Brittany walked over and hugged me. "Oh I'm so happy, Jase. Our baby girl is getting married!" She cheerily shouts. "I don't trust anybody with her but Garrett." I say. Britt lovingly takes Memphis and puts him to bed. I smile and walk over after my princess has finished her dance. "May I have this dance?" I ask as the music to my little girl by Tim McGraw starts up. She smiles and nods. "Gotta hold on easy as I let ya go! Gonna tell ya how much I love you, though you think you already know." Seeing this girl smiling and happy again is the best thing I've ever known. "I love you so much angel." I say. "Oh daddy, you're the most amazing father a girl could ever ask for. You're my hero." We sway to the music. "You're beautiful baby from the outside in, chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again! Go on take on this whole world but to me you know you'll always be..... My little girl!" "I'm proud to be your little girl, daddy." She says hugging me. I'm so happy. I'm so glad this sweet baby isn't depressed anymore.

*A few weeks later*

I proudly cheer as my young daughter gets ready to go to her honeymoon! "Goodbye mama! Goodbye daddy!" She says hugging us both tight. "Goodbye Chris! You're the best little brother!" "You're an amazing and perfect big sister." He says. "And goodbye sweet baby Memphis. You better not start walking without me." The little angel laughs in his Mama's arms. "Manda!" He cries, shocking us all. "He said his first word!" She shakily says, taking him and hugging him. "Oh sweet boy!" I smile. She's going to make an amazing mother when she and Garrett have kids. "I love you guys so much." She says waving before getting in the limo. I smile and wave. I'm gonna miss her. "I love you baby girl." She heads to her honeymoon with Garrett and we go back home. "Wow. It's so surreal. She's married and out of the house at 16." I say, walking in her room. Packed up and empty. "She wouldn't be able to start her life without you, Jase." I force a smile. "Without us, babe. Lord knows I couldn't do all this on my own." I say waving a hand around the room. "I'm still shocked they're able to move out so soon." She says. "Well Garrett's a hard working boy. He's been working as a paid intern at a law firm since he was in high school. So he's got plenty of money saved up." "That boy is perfect for our daughter." I smile, remembering when she was just a little girl and he bullied her. I put the fear of God into him that day. Who woulda guessed he'd become her husband years later. I certainly didn't. But I'm glad it happened.