Chapter 62

Miranda's pov

Garret is graduating from med school today. It sure wasn't easy, both mentally and money wise for him. Sadly he's a man. And wouldn't accept financial help from my father. I was waiting for the ceremony to start with my brothers, mom, and dad and my amazing daughter Matilda. Gosh I am so happy to be a mother to such a remarkable little girl. "Ooh they're calling names!!!" Memphis excitedly shouts. Chris hugs me sideways. I couldn't help but smile, looking at him. He was a scared kid and now he's a grown man. "I love you Chris." I say hugging him. "I love you too, sis." "Garret Hardy." The dean says. I stand up and cheer for my awesome husband. He sees me and waves with the biggest smile I've  ever seen on his sweet face. He gets his diploma, waves to the crowd and walks across the stage. "Oh I'm so happy for him!" I say excited, trying not to cry! "Aww are you alright?" Mom asks. I'm so embarrassed. "Just hormones." I mumble. Dad laughs softly and hugs me.

*a few hours later*

We were celebrating at our house. Matilda wore a fancy new dress my grandma got her. She was twirling around showing everyone. I couldn't stop smiling. I hugged Garret tight. "I'm so proud of you!" I say gladly. He was smiling from ear to ear. "I can't wait to start working in the hospital. I'm gonna change people's lives." "I know you are. You're so awesome!!" He rests a hand on my stomach. "God I can't wait for our babies to get here." "Hey how far along are you anyway?" Chris asks, handing me a coke. "Almost 7 months." I smile and hold my hubby's hand. "Why don't we show an ultrasound?" Garret smiles even bigger if that's even possible. I lay down on the couch as Garret plugs the ultrasound machine up to the TV. "Weird technology." Dad says, standing beside the couch. I laugh. "Don't start a back in my day spiel." Mom says, setting her hands on his shoulders. He laughs, turning a little red. "I wasn't!" "Yes you were!!" I say, pointing at him and laughing. He shrugs and sweeps mom off her feet and kisses her. "PDA PDA!" I shout earning another round of laughter from everyone and an embarrassed sharp glare from my father. Garret finally gets it ready and puts the wand on my belly. "There's baby number one." He says, focusing. I laugh and hold his hand tight as he moves it around, showing all three of our angels. Then I notice Matilda, on the edge of the crowd, looking nervous. I wave her over. She reluctantly walks over. "Are you excited to be a big sister?" I ask hugging her. "I don't know. I... I'm scared I'll be forgotten." Oh man. Poor girl. I sit up quickly and pull her into a tight hug. "You will never be forgotten. You will never be abandoned, Matilda. We love you just as much as these three babies. We will always love you." "I'm sorry." She whimpered, crying in my shoulder. "There's nothing to apologize for. I've been where you've been before. I was untrusting of my mom and dad for a while. But just like they didn't change their minds on me, I won't change my mind on you." I held her tight as she cried.

*a few hours later*

I was helping Matilda fall asleep. I sang a couple songs to her while rubbing her back. She was out like a light in a few seconds. I kiss her forehead. "I love you, Matilda." I walk out to my awaiting parents and two out of three of my younger brothers. I hug mom and dad. "You're such a great mother." Dad says. I smile gladly. "I couldn't ask for a better daughter." I say. "I told myself that once." He says, making me laugh while also tearing up. "I love that little girl so much." Garret hugs me sideways. "Well goodnight. If you need us, you know you can call." Dad says. "Day and night. I know daddy. I'll see you soon." They head home. "It'll get better with Matilda. Eventually she'll forget she never had parents. We'll always be here for her." Garret says, making me smile. He kisses me goodnight and we head to bed.