Chapter 47

Jason's pov

Miranda came over to visit. "How's Jeremy?" Memphis instantly asks. She looks sad. "He's not doing so well, bud." Man. "Anything we can do to help, hun?" I ask. She shrugs. "He just doesn't trust anyone when we tell him that his mom can't hurt him anymore." I can't help but smile. "Reminds me of a certain someone." She smiles. "Oh dad." I hug her. "Bring him by the house. I think we can turn his life around." "I love you dad."

*a few days later*

The poor kid is so skittish. Luckily he and Memphis are friends. "I promise... You're safe here." My amazing son says, hugging him. I sign the forms for me and Britt to be his foster parents. "He reminds me so much of Miranda, it ain't even funny!" She says, smiling and hugging me. "We're gonna save this poor boy." Even though we couldn't save Charles. "You're a great man, Jason." "Only cause you make me a better man, babe." I say kissing her.

*later that night*

Jeremy was super nervous about eating because of his jackass mom! "I know you're hungry, kiddo." "B-But... I don't... Know what... I can't. She... I c-can't!" "Why not?" I ask sitting down. He starts to cry and I hug him. "What's wrong with me?" "Nothing is wrong with you!" Me and Memphis say at the same time. "There was something wrong with your mom. Now please eat Jeremy. You need to eat." His hand was shaking with fear as I gave him the spoon. "And mom won't ever take me back? You promise?" "You have my word. I won't let her anywhere near you." The boy smiles wearily then proceeds to eat. I smile with relief. I'll save this boy. I make it my solemn vow.