Chapter 11

Miranda's pov

We were on lockdown and it was terrifying. At least Nick didn't come to school today so I don't have to worry about him. We hear shots in the hall. My heart is racing with fear. David, the guy who's been bullying Nick looked out the window. "Get away from there!" Mr. Stevens gasps grabbing his arm and pulling him back. I'm so scared. I want my daddy. I terrifiedly call him on my phone, hiding under a table. He answers before the first ring even stops. "Daddy, I'm so scared." I whimper. "I know honey. We're watching on the news. God I wish there was something I could do." He gasps. I can't stop crying. "W-What about Chris??" "Just pray for him baby girl. And.... Miranda... I... I know who the shooter is." "You do? Who?" "Nick. And he's got my hunting rifle." My heart almost stops. "N-Nick? N-No it can't be!" "I'm sorry sweetheart it is him. That bully better hope I don't find him. He destroyed that poor kid." "Miranda put your phone away." More tears roll down my cheeks. "I've gotta go dad." "Stay safe, Miranda. I love you so much." "I love you too."

Jason's pov

I worriedly get off the phone terrified. There's a pretty good chance Nick won't hurt her or Chris but I have no clue what is going through that poor boy's head. Brittany was crying. I hug her tight and send a prayer.

Miranda's pov

There's a loud bang that makes the door vibrate. Two more bangs and the door flies open. Smoke wafting in. The dark silhouette of my close friend stands in the doorway, loading dad's rifle. "Nick!" I gasp, shakily, still hiding under my desk. He smirks when he sees David and points the weapon at him. David screams and hides behind the teacher. "Nick drop the weapon now!" The teacher demands. But he just shoots him! I scream along with several of my classmates. He walks slowly to David. "Stop the bullies." He whispers, cocking the rifle and putting it to his head. "NICK STOP!!" I yell, standing up. He doesn't respond. David pleads for his life and I notice blood on his shirt. Who else has he killed? He shoots David in the head, making everyone scream in fear again. He turns around and sees me. I scream and back up when he walks to me.

Jason's pov

The news coverage got the live camera footage! "No!" I scream standing up. Onscreen, Nick stood over my little girl with the rifle. She was crying, terrified. "Nick stop! This isn't you!" She whimpers. "I'm not gonna hurt you." He says. "You were the only one who was nice to me." "Please put the gun down." She begs shaking. "Jason!" Brittany whimpers worried. I hug her tight, begging and praying he doesn't hurt her. "Stop telling me what to do." Oh shit. I've got to do something. I jump in my truck, going maximum speed.

Miranda's pov

Oh shit. "I thought you were my friend! Why are you defending the bullies!!?" He yells angrily. "I'm not!" I gasp. "B-But you can't kill people!!" He glares at me with such rage. I'm so scared. "If you're not with me, you're against me." He whispers, cocking the weapon. I block my face with my hands, terrified. "Nick drop the weapon!" I freeze in surprise. My dad, out of breath, stood in the doorway. Everyone stared at him shocked. He was pointing a shotgun at him. Nick's eyes were red and glazed over. "Step away from my daughter or I will rip lead through you." He grits his teeth in anger. "Now boy! MOVE IT!!" He yells. Nick points the gun to my chest. "I thought you were my friend." He whispers. "Nick-" The sentence is cut short when the gun against my chest goes off.

Jason's pov

NO! I cock my shotgun and fire. The little jerk slams into the wall from the force of the weapon. "When I said stand up against the bullies, this isn't what I meant." I growl angrily. I fall beside Miranda worried. Blood poured out of her chest. "Daddy..." She whimpers. "Why'd... He..." "Don't move." I say panicked. I pick her up and run as carefully and as fast as I can to get my angel to the hospital. I find Chris in the crowd. "Come on, son." I say scooping him up. "Miranda!" He whimpers crying. I gun the engine and tear out of there, probably leaving skid marks. "Please Lord I know she's an angel but don't take my little girl. Please. I'm begging." I whisper in prayer then I call Britt. "Get to the hospital." I say then hang up before she even can reply and ask questions I don't know the answer to. By the time I got to the hospital, she was barely breathing. I send up another prayer and pick her up. Chris runs alongside me as I get to the doors. "HELP!! PLEASE!!!