Chapter 25

Jason's pov

We were at Danny and June's house. June is his wife. She and Brittany were talking. My little brother was sitting on the couch so I sat beside him. "Do your legs hurt?" "No. I can't even feel them." "That's a relief." I mumble. Chris runs out of the kitchen. "Uncle Danny I drew you a picture!" He shouts making me smile. It was a picture of Danny at his award's ceremony last week. He got some kind of medal. "See there's me and Mama and grandma." I smile proudly. "Thanks little man!" They hug. "Go ask, grandma to hang it on the fridge for me." My nephews, Brett and Thomas come in from paintballing with my dad. "Did ya get him?" Danny asks. Our father walks in covered in paint, making both of us laugh. "Those knuckleheads ambushed me." "That's my boys!" Danny says slapping them a high five. "Dinner's ready." June calls. When I walk in the kitchen, Brittany is eating chips. "Hungry dear?" I joke. June laughs. "She's already finished off a whole bag." "I'm pregnant. They're cravings. Bite me." She says, her mouth overflowing with chips. "God I love you." I say smiling and hugging her. We settle in for dinner. A celebration dinner to my awesome brave brother coming home. He's awesome.