Chapter 34

Jason's pov

I had just gotten off the phone with Brittany when my wonderful daughter stumbled downstairs looking half asleep. "Hey hun, I made pancakes." "I'm sorry I was being selfish making you stay and miss the vacation. "You weren't being selfish. To e honest, I only see that up for Jessie and Talia who needed a little fun after everything that happened." I set a plate of blueberry pancakes in front of her. "I can't stop thinking of Charles and I don't know why...... I mean.... I was him once. Unable to trust anyone. Terrified of loving someone. I felt so alone back then." I'm so worried about her. I sit down beside her. "But the problem with suicide is... It doesn't get rid of the pain." I shakily say. "It just gives it to someone else." She hugs me and starts to cry. "I'm sorry for everything daddy! I'm trying worst daughter ever!" "No princess. You're the best daughter ever. I love ya so much!"

*Later*

I hear Miranda scream. I race to her room like a bolt of lightning. "Miranda?!" I cry. She was crying, her phone gripped in her hand and tears rushing down her face. "What's wrong?! What happened??" I cry hitting my knees beside her. "Garrett just broke up with me!!" WHAT???!!!!!! "Through a text?!" I gape furious. She nods, crying and rocking back and forth. My poor baby. I hug her tight. The phone rings with that prick's number. I angrily snatch it and walk out. "You better have a good reason for calling her." I growl. "I do, sir. I promise I didn't send her that text!!" "Huh? What do you mean?" "Someone stole my phone when I was in the locker room for gym. I just got it back. I found it near the fucking football field. Please I love Miranda more than anything!! I swear I don't want to break up with her. I love her so much!" Man. I walk back into her room but she had passed out from crying. Shit. "Meet me at the hospital." I say annoyed. "WHAT?! WHY?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER?!" "She's passed out." I say. I drive her to the hospital and the doctor puts her on oxygen. Garrett rushes over but I grab his shirt. "You are under no circumstances allowed to break up with my daughter." He looks shaky. "I wouldn't do that even if ya had a gun to my head." I stare at him shocked. "Sir, I want to marry your daughter." "You're kidding?" I gape. He shakes his head. "I'm sorry for this mistake. I hope she forgives me." I sigh and hug the young boy. "She will son. And you have my blessing." He forces a smile. "Well let's let her sleep. She's exhausted herself to the point of needing oxygen." "Oh God!" He whimpers crying. "Don't worry she'll be okay."

Miranda's pov

I groggily wake up confused. What's going on? I hear the door open and my heart rate kicks up seeing my birth father. "Miranda oh thank God you're alright!" "STAY AWAY FROM ME!!" I scream desperate. I shout for a nurse terrified. "YOU KILLED MAMA!!! DON'T COME NEAR ME!!!" "Wait calm down! I'm a changed man! I promise!" He shouts. I stumble out of bed, shaking and crying.

Jason's pov

"CODE BLUE." I hear a doctor shout. I'm confused. "What's code blue?" I ask a staff member. "Heart failure." Hm. "Then to my fear, the intercom says her room number and all personnel report. I run as fast as I can to her room along with Garrett. There were several doctors and nurses surrounding her small form on the floor. And I nearly screamed when I saw her birth father.