Chapter 50

Miranda's pov

My stomach was in knots. I nervously knocked on the door. I was shocked to see Dakota answer the door. Instantly I felt like crying. I hugged him. "Dakota... I.... I'm glad you're okay. I thought..." I can't finish the sentence. "I'm glad you're doing okay too." He says. "Oh come in." I go inside and hug Sylvia too.

*A few hours later*

My phone started ringing. I give an apologetic smile and answer it. "Hey Dad!" "Jeremy had a breakdown and ran away. We're trying to find him. Has he called you?" He instantly says, making me scared. "N-No. Y-You don't know where he is?!" I gasp, worried. "No I've been searching the streets." Shit. "I've got to go. Jeremy needs me."

Jason's pov

Britt was crying and hugging Memphis. "We're going to find him. It's going to be okay." Just then I saw a police officer with Jeremy. "Thank God." I whisper, hitting the brakes and getting out. "Jeremy!" "Is he your son?" The cop asks. "Yeah we've been looking everywhere for him." "I'm sorry! I'm sorry please don't be mad!" I hug him. "I'm not mad. It's okay. We are just glad you're okay." I get him in the truck and hear Britt on the phone, probably talking to Miranda. We get back home and Miranda was waiting out front. "I'm sorry. Please don't get rid of me. I don't want to go back to Mom's!" Shoot. I hug him tight. "We aren't giving you up." "B-But she-" "She's our daughter. We were just worried about you."

*A few hours later*

I was about to head to bed when I saw Jeremy sitting in the window seat, looking worried. "Hey Jeremy, you okay." He jumped in surprise, looked up, scared. I sit beside him. "What's up, bud?" "I... I... You called me your son." I force a worried smile and hug him. "Well yeah. You kinda are now. All that's left is signing a few papers and talking to a judge." "Y-You really want me... To stay.... With you?" "Of course we do. Don't worry Jeremy. We love you. Nobody's gonna take you away from us." He started to cry. I felt so bad for him. "Th-Thanks dad." I can't keep a smile off my face. "No need to thank me son."