Chapter 55

Jason's pov

Lily was actually excited to see her grandmother which relieved me because I knew she'd be okay. "Can I keep the caterpillars? I want to see them turn into butterflies." She asks as me and Evelyn were packing her stuff. Jeremy and Memphis were playing ball out front. "Can I come back to visit? It's fun here." I smile and pat her head. "Of course you can. Anytime. Our door is always open."

*A few hours later*

"I can't believe we're gonna be grandparents." Brittany excitedly said while facetiming our parents. She was so thrilled and I couldn't stop smiling. "I can't believe I'm old enough to be one." I say, leaning over the back of the couch and waving. She laughs. "Of course we're not old!" She says, swatting me as Memphis and Jeremy run downstairs. "Hey no running!" She calls making them stop abruptly and run into each other, which makes us laugh. They run out the door anyway. Britt shakes her head and says with a smile, "We've still got two rambunctious boys to raise. So we aren't old." "That's right, hun. You're only as old as you feel." Brittany's mom says. Chris moved out for college down in Georgia. Thankfully mama is still there to help him out with housing and groceries. Otherwise that boy would just eat junk food and soda. Instead he goes every night to her place for home cooked meals. I sit beside Britt and hug her tight. "This is so awesome. I'm ecstatic." Our parents smile. "That little girl blossomed so much. I remember when she was too scared to trust us. Now look at her. She's a confident woman with a steady and very amazing job. She's going to make us all feel old in nine months!" Brittany's dad says. I laugh softly. "I don't care if I'm 80, she'll always be my baby. Along with our 3 wild sons. And I'll be touring til I got one foot in the grave! I can probably make the cemetery I'm in come alive!" Both sets of parents along with my wife laugh. "I love you Jason." She says, kissing my cheek. "I love ya too darlin'." I'm a lucky lucky man.