Chapter 33 - Fire vs Water

Lucy's POV

I made the first move by leaping at him while throwing a flaming punch. He grabbed my flaming fist with his water covered hand before I could land the hit and then threw me towards a building. I twisted in the air and then sprung off the building wall at him. This time I landed a punch to his face, sending him flying. Without hesitation, I leapt at him again and kicked him sideways. He twisted mid-air and landed down the street on his feet.

As soon as he skidded to a stop, he leapt at me aiming a punch at me. I crossed my arms in front of my face to block his attack. He broke through my block and then punched me in the face with his other hand. While I was recovering from the hit, he took the chance to kick me in the stomach and then he leapt over me, kicking me in the back.

'Damn, he's good' I thought but then I did a backflip over him and kicked his side. 'But I'm better' I added as he crashed into a wall. He pulled himself up and rolled his shoulders back. "I love a good challenge" he smirked before he charged and jumped at me. "Water Dragon Talon!" he chanted as he threw down his foot. I crossed my arms above my head and blocked his attack. Drops of water from his attack fell on me. "Great, now I'm wet" I complained before pushing his foot away from me.

He flipped backwards and landed on his feet. "You're going to be drenched by the time I'm done with you" he replied and then breathed a deep breath in. I anticipated a breath attack. "Water Dragon Roar!" Kaito chanted and a geyser of water shot out of his mouth at me. Two can play at this game. "Fire Dragon Roar!" I countered with my own roar of flames. As soon as the roars clashed, the fire and water turned in steam. I used the steam as a smokescreen as I leapt at him, closing the distanced between us. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" I chanted, landing an uppercut on his chin.

He flew back and skidded on his feet before leaping back at me with a raised fist. I blocked his punch with my arm and then he swung a kick at me which I countered with my own kick. Pulling back my leg, I twisted and threw a punch using my opposite arm. He grabbed it before it could hit him, pulling me further forward using my momentum and then head butting me. I stumbled back two steps before kicking his chin. He stumbled back a few steps as he grabbed his chin, and then he smirked.

"You're good. It's been a while since I fought a tough opponent. Looks like I need to step it up a little. Water Dragon King Tsunami fist!" he chanted as he charged at me and punched me. 'Did he say Water Dragon King?!' I thought as a flood of water burst from his fist and swallowed me whole. The force of the water washed me down the street. I tried to heat the water away like before but there was too much water for me to get rid of. When the water drained, I was laying on the floor drenched and coughing the water I accidentally swallowed.

"My water isn't just regular old water. It can dowse any flame and rust any metal within seconds. My mother is the Water Dragon Queen Mizu" he said. I coughed two more times before standing up. "Well that's interesting because my father is Igneel the Fire Dragon King and my flames can burn anything it touches" I replied. "That explains why my water wasn't able to dowse your flames easily" he said, interested.

"I've just got an idea. How about we make a deal? I'll stop Master Jose's attack on your guild if you join me. We'd be the most powerful pair in all of Fiore. Even being a stronger pair of Dragon Slayers than the Twin Dragons of Sabertooth" he offered but I wasn't interested. "Now why would I do that? You attacked my friends and my guild. Besides, I believe Fairy Tail is strong enough to take down Phantom Lord because we have something your guild doesn't" I said. "And what's that?" he chuckled. "We're a family. We care for our friends and when you mess with one of us...You mess with all of us!" I shouted the last bit as I leapt at him with a raised flaming fist.

As I was throwing my flaming fist, a strange force stopped my attack. "What the?" I questioned as I tried pulling against the strange force but no matter how hard I tried, my fist refused to move. "You're taking too long Kaito" a man walked up from behind me with long, two-toned hair of black and white. His hair was tied up into a Japanese-style top knot on the back of his head, with the white portion on the left and the black portion on the right. He had a thick black line across the ridge of his nose and both cheeks.

He was garbed in a long, orange-reddish Karate gi-like cloth with his robe's sleeves being rolled up, held closed by a black belt, reddish fur around the collar, and with the sides being made of thick fishnet and looser fishnet appearing on his forearms. His attire is completed by a simple shirt appearing from under his gi, and a pair of loose black pants tucked inside simple black boots. He also had a simple katana strapped to his left hip.

"Shut up Totomaru. Did you have to ruin my fun?" Kaito complained and then punched me hard in the stomach while I was distracted and trapped. I grunted in pain before slowly losing consciousness and extinguishing my flames. He caught me off guard. "Should've taken my offer" I heard Kaito mutter as I slumped. My treasured scarf slipped off my neck and fell to the ground. It was the last thing I saw before I completely lost consciousness.