Chapter 83 - My Frustrated Angel

Natsu's POV

I woke up to the beautiful sight of Lucy asleep in my arms. Last night we ended up sleeping on the couch. As much as Lucy's bed would've been more comfortable, in my house this is better than being squished in my hammock. It was also better than sleeping on the floor with the other Dragon Slayers. Happy and Celestia slept on each end of thehammock. Lucy was kind enough to give them extra pillows and blankets to sleep on, so they weren't too uncomfortable.

Unfortunately for me, we couldn't complete the mating ritual last night with the other Dragon Slayers in the house. Especially, after that damn dark guild kidnapped her to get to me. My instincts had been going crazy ever since they took her even though she was back safe in my arms. It felt as if my heart would rip out if anything were to happen to her. I guess this was another side effect of Mating Season. Maybe Lucy's book will have some more answers.

Even though I was frustrated that we couldn't complete the mating ritual last night I trust in Lucy's promise. I know she'll keep her promise, but I'll need to get rid of the other Dragon Slayers somehow before the end of the week. My attention shifted back to completely focused on Lucy's peaceful face. She looked like an angel. My angel that I will protect.

I brushed some hair away from her face and saw the bandage I put on her last night. It pains me to see her hurt even though she told me to save her, regardless of if she got hurt in the process. Guilt filled my body the more I stared at her injury. I moved my head down to nuzzle her neck and kiss her neck repeatedly, on the opposite side of the cut. Lucy lightly moaned in her sleep. "Natsu, it's too early" she complained in her sleep and cuddled closer to me. I chuckled at how cute she was being and then continued to kiss her neck repeatedly.

She moaned again and then raised a hand to touch my shoulder. I stopped to look down at her. Surprisingly, instead of her chocolate brown eyes, her eyes were glowing red like I saw back at the dark guild's hideout. "Not now. The other Dragon Slayers are here" she said with a small growl. I smirked, she was as frustrated with this Mating Season as I am but the fact that we weren't alone and her desire to help her friends was keeping her strong against the effects. Another reason why I love her.

The red glow in her eyes faded away and she relaxed in my arms. A question I've been wanting to ask her popped into my mind about how we are going to control these other Dragon Slayers when I can't use force. The question had been lingering in the back of my mind since Gajeel went out of control.

"Lucy?" I said to catch her attention. She hummed in response, not moving from her comfortable spot. "How can I keep my promise to you and stop the other Dragon Slayers from going out of control?" I asked. She giggled at my question which made me feel a bit embarrassed. "Oh Natsu, you idiot. You could've still knocked them out if you needed to. I just meant you couldn't beat them up" she replied and I became shocked. I could've knocked them out this entire time?! 'I should've realised that sooner' I grumbled and then looked away from her as a slight heat appeared on my cheeks. This was embarrassing. Only Lucy could make me feel this way.

"Do you want some breakfast Natsu?" she asked while looking up at me. I was about to say no so we could stay in bed for a bit longer, but I noticed the other Dragon Slayers were getting up. I inwardly sighed and nodded my head. She smiled and slipped out of my grasp to walk to the kitchen. I already missed her warmth.

As I sat up, I watched her look through the cupboards for some food but then I realised that I didn't have any food. I normally eat at the guild or at Lucy's apartment so there was no need for me to keep food in my house. "Hm, looks like we're going to eat breakfast at the guild" Lucy said, noticing the lack of food. "Let's go then, I'm starving" Sting spoke up. "Morning everyone" Lucy said and everyone greeted 'good morning' back to her.

After we arrived at the guild and ordered our food, we sat at one of the tables. Lucy brought her book along and continued to read it as we waited for our food. I let her read while leaving my arm wrapped around her shoulders. "Oh!" she exclaimed and I gave all my attention to her, waiting for her to tell me what she read. "Natsu, it says here that the glow in Dragon Slayers' eyes when they go out of control is their inner dragon instincts coming to the surface" she said. It was cute seeing her excited about discovering something new about our Dragon Slayer powers. I nodded with a small smile, "interesting" I replied. I wondered what else that book holds.