Chapter 36 - Captured and Tortured

Lucy's POV

When I woke up, I found myself chained up to a vertical stone table in a large room. The room was empty except for the large lacrima machine sitting directly in front of me, pointing at me. I hissed in pain as I was reminded of my stomach wound where Kaito punched me. "Argh, that damn Water Boy got me good" I said as I looked down at my stomach where a purple bruise was forming. "Are you're finally awake, Lucy Heartfilia?" I heard the shady voice of the Master of Phantom Lord, Jose Porla, as he faded into existence in front of me.

"Jose" I growled and glared at him. It's hard to forget his creepy face. Me and Gajeel don't have a great history with him. "Not only did you and Gajeel stole one of my best wizards, Juvia Lockser, but you've been beating up some of my wizards" he said. "They were robbing and threatening people!" I shouted back and then a snake of purple magic energy with a black skull face slithered around my body. As soon as it touched my skin, it electrocuted me with red lightning, and I screamed in pain.

After Gajeel and I met, we made it our mission to stop the horrible treatment Phantom Lord was giving. They would demand money from business owner, hold objects or people for ransom for more money, and beat-up defenceless people on the street. While Gajeel and I were fighting a group of Phantom Lord wizards, who were holding a lady they were supposed to rescue for ransom, Juvia came to stop us from interfering. They sent a water wizard to fight a metal wizard and a fire wizard, not surprised. Aside from her water magic, she would make it rain everywhere she went but after a bit of convincing and fighting, her world finally brightened up and it stopped raining. Since then, she quit Phantom Lord and has been travelling with Gajeel and I occasionally bump into them on my travels.

The electrocution lasted a few minutes before it stopped. I panted, trying to recover my breath from screaming. "So, you've started this war against Fairy Tail just to get back at me for roughing up a few of your members?" I asked. It's pretty pathetic that he would go this far just to 'punish' one person. "You're not the only reason I started this war on Fairy Tail. You see, Fairy Tail and Phantom Lord are both the top guilds in the kingdom. Recently, Fairy Tail has been gaining popularity and I couldn't have them take the top spot. So since I heard you joined Fairy Tail, I've been planning this attack. Getting rid of two enemies in one go as you might say. You were just the kick in the backside we needed to start this war with Fairy Tail" he replied with a creepy smile. "You started a guild war over your stupid jealousy and petty revenge? That's just pitiful" I said.

He raised his hand and the magic energy surrounding me electrocuted me again, making me scream. This time was more painful than the last. "I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself" he said as he stopped electrocuting me and then summoned a giant purple magic energy skeleton. It roared at me and I felt my whole soul vibrate. I couldn't help but let out a bloodcurdling scream. It felt like he was ripping my soul apart. A few minutes past but it felt like hours.

"Did I miss the party?" Kaito said with his arms crossed as he entered and walked over. The giant skeleton stopped its roar and I started to breathe heavily. "Ah Kaito, glad you could join us. Well done for capturing Miss Heartfilia" Jose praised. "No big deal. Fire can't withstand my water" he boasted as he shrugged. I smirked, "yeah right. We were evenly matched until Totomaru stopped my flames" I said, trying to rile him up. "Shut up sweetheart, unless you want me to do it for you?" he replied suggestively while licking his lips which made me cringe. Jose chuckled, "keep an eye on our 'guest' Kaito and make sure no Fairy Tail fly comes to save her. I've got some business to take care of" he ordered as he walked towards the door. Yes Master" Kaito replied with a smirk. As Jose left, the purple magic energy left my body.

Suddenly a navy blue exceed flew in. He was wearing a little blue, white and gold prince suit. "Kaito, are you done with your mission?" he asked as he flew over to Kaito. 'Why does every dragon-raised Dragon Slayer have an exceed except me?' I thought. "Yep, I captured Salamander" Kaito said proudly. "With the help of Totomaru" I reminded him. "Will you stop saying that! Even without Totomaru's help, I would've still beaten you" he said. "Would not" I replied. "Would too" he countered. "Would not!" "Would too!" we fought back and forth.

"You two are acting like children" the exceed said while rolling his eyes. "Shut up Kyan!" Kaito shouted and then turned back to me. "Anyway, after I captured you I happened to meet Chaos" he smirked, and my eyes widened. He met Natsu? "Really? What was he like?" Kyan asked and Kaito turned to him. "He wasn't as scary as the rumours, especially with his pink hair, but get this, his flames really are black" he said and then turned to me with a smirk. "He was really worried about you sweetheart. You should've seen his face when I told him you were being tortured, it was hilarious!" he laughed.

"I thought Chaos didn't care about anyone except his friend Happy?" Kyan said surprised. "Looks like he deeply cares for her too. I heard that he went on a rampage in our other guildhall, probably searching for her" he replied. It made me really happy to know that Natsu is searching for me and is coming to rescue me. "Don't get your hopes up, sweetheart. I'm not going to let him save you" Kaito said like he read my mind. "I wouldn't underestimate Natsu if I were you" I smirked. "We'll see" he replied with a smirk of his own.