Chapter 19 - Nightmare's Magic?

Lucy's POV

During the whole 'Seki controlling me' incident, I couldn't see, hear or feel anything. It was like I blacked out and when I came to, I saw Happy worried for me while Natsu was leaning against the tree with a few small burns. I understand Natsu had to take extreme measures to get Seki out of my head. If I was in his shoes, I would've probably done the same thing if there was no other option. Plus, I wasn't hurt too bad so I knew he held back.

As we were walking in search for Raserath or our friends, Happy told me about what happened in detail when I was under Seki's control. From Happy's story, Natsu took a Fire Dragon Roar head on which was extremely reckless. It explains why he had a few small burns all over his body. "It scared me when Natsu grabbed your ankle and you screamed in pain. I didn't know what his plan was until Seki left your body" Happy told me. "That explains why my ankle is sore" I said, more to myself.

"Are you sure you're ok Lucy? We can stop and take a break if you need it?" he suggested. "Don't worry Happy, I'm fine" I replied with a reassuring smile. "If you're sure?" he said with a bit of worry. "I'm su-oh my Mavis!" I exclaimed as I saw Jura and Ichiya in a terrible condition a few metres ahead of us. Ichiya was hugging a tree for dear life with a horrified expression on his face. Jura was near him in a fetal position with his eyes wide open. Both were trembling, sweating and muttering things that made no sense. Paralysed with fear like they saw something truly terrifying. What terrified me about the whole scene was seeing Jura, one of the Ten Wizard Saints, in that state.

It looked like they put up a fight before they were turned into this state as the earth was shaped around them and there was a perfume scent lingering in the air. "Who could have done this?" Happy asked as he stared at the scene in horror. "I think this was the work of either Kitsune or Nightmare" I replied. "How do you know?" he asked. "Remember when the members of Hydra Heads ambushed us? Kitsune, Flame and Nightmare were missing. Flame couldn't have done this since he uses Fire magic and there isn't a single burn mark on their bodies. So, it must've been either Kitsune or Nightmare" I explained. I walked over to Jura and kneeled in front of him.

"What happened here Jura?" I asked him while lightly shaking his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry" he said over and over again like he was in a trance. "I don't think he can hear you Lucy" Happy said and I stood up with a sigh. I knew we needed some help with this. "Hibiki can you hear me?" I called out and Happy looked at me like I was crazy. 'Loud and clear, what is it Lucy?' I heard Hibiki say in my head. "What the-?! I can hear Hibiki!" Happy exclaimed while Natsu tensed up and looked around for Hibiki's voice. 'My Archive magic gives me the ability to use telepathy' Hibiki explained. "Oh" Happy replied while Natsu relaxed and stopped looking for Hibiki's voice. 'I guessed you're with Happy and Chaos, Lucy?' Hibiki asked.

"Yes I am. Was everyone else separated?" I asked. 'Yes, I think that was their plan from the beginning to divide and conquer. Ren and Eve are here with me' he replied. "We've found Jura and Ichiya but something's wrong with them" I said. 'What do you mean?' he asked, curiously. "It's hard to explain but it's like they're paralysed with fear and in a trance of some sort" I replied. 'Y-You mean Jura and Ichiya were taken out?' he asked in shock. "Yeah, I think it was either Kitsune or Nightmare's magic that did this" I replied. 'Kitsune specialises in illusion magic but I don't think her illusions would be able to paralyse anyone' he said. "That rules out Kitsune then" I commented.

'We don't have any knowledge on Nightmare except for his appearance so it could be his magic. I suggest not fighting him blindly. Try to avoid confronting him if you can' he suggested. "Alright we'll try" I replied even though I was curious about what magic Nightmare processes. 'I'll send someone your way to help Jura and Ichiya. Since you and Chaos are two of our best fighters we need you out there to help take down Hydra Heads' he said. "Got it" I replied and then the connection got cut.

Out of nowhere, Natsu said "lets go" and then started walking off. "Wait, we can't just leave them alone here!" I shouted after him but he kept walking without another word. 'So we're back to the lack of communication again huh?' I thought with a small sigh before following him. I didn't like the thought of leaving Jura and Ichiya there defenceless but I'm sure Hibiki and the others are on their way.

"How did you know about Hibiki's telepathy Lucy?" Happy asked as we followed behind Natsu. "I read about telepathy type magic once on my travels before I met you guys. I remembered Archive magic was one of the few magics that can use telepathy" I replied. Suddenly I caught two scents and halted to a stopped along with Natsu. He must've smelt the same thing I did. Both of us tensed up and prepared for a fight as we heard some rustling coming towards us. Natsu growled at the noise while Happy took a fish out of his bag and held it ready to swing it at whoever it was.

The two people we sensed jumped out of the bush and it turned out to be Erza and Gray. "Phew it's just you guys" I said as I relaxed my stance. Happy put his fish back in his bag while mumbling 'I'll save you for later'. "You two look terrible. What happened?" Gray asked as he looked at both me and Natsu's dishevelled appearance. "We had a run in with Seki but Natsu managed to take him down" I said. I didn't want to mention the mind control thing in case they see Natsu as the bad guy for 'hurting' me even though there was a really good reason behind it.

"Ok so that's one of the nine Hyrda Heads down" Erza said and I noticed she has been holding her left arm the whole time. "What happened with your fight with Rika?" Happy asked. "We lost her. She knocked us into a river and we were swept down some rapids and over a waterfall" Gray replied. "Are you ok Erza?" I asked while looking at her arm. "One of Rika's creatures bit me but I'll be alright. I'll get it treated once the mission is over" she replied and showed us the bite mark. "Ok. Since we've found each other, we should stick together and try to find Raserath before Hydra Heads get their hands on it" I said. "Wouldn't it be better if we split up to find it?" Gray asked but we didn't have time to stand around explaining what Hibiki told me. "I'll explain on the way. Follow us" I told Gray and Erza and they nodded. Team Fairy Tail is back together and we began our search for Raserath. I wonder how the others are doing?