Chapter 73 - Divide and Conquer

Natsu's POV

We soon reached Era and the first thing we saw were several water snakes and Nightmare terrorising the Rune Knights with his magic. In the distance, we saw Nobu riding the Dragon Lucy's trapped in and were about to attack the Magic Council building. I struggled to decide who to stop first. "Oi Chaos" I heard a familiar voice. Celestia and I turned to see Gajeel being carried by Panther Lily, Carla carrying Wendy, and Happy flying beside them.

"You're mean Natsu. How could you leave without me?" Happy complained. I just raised and dropped my shoulders. Love is blind I guess because I only thought of saving Lucy in the moment along with Celestia. "So what's going on here?" Gajeel asked as he surveyed the damage. "There's a lot of people injured" Wendy muttered as she focused on the injured people. I had a plan on how we can fight all three problems at once. Number one, save Lucy, number two, defeat Nightmare, and number three save the townspeople.

"Lucy's trapped in that dragon and I'm going to save her" I started explaining while pointing at the diamond. "Nobu sent his lackey Nightmare to attack the townspeople so Gajeel, you handle Nightmare while Wendy helps and heals the townspeople with her healing magic, got it?" I finished but then noticed everyone except for Happy were staring at me wide-eyed. "What?" I growled, not liking this type of attention. "We just never thought we'd hear this much from you, usually you only speak a word or two" Pantherlily commented. "Gihi, Blondie's rubbing off on ya huh?" Gajeel smirked. Wendy smiled sweetly. "He looooves her" Happy mocked which for some reason made me embarrassed and I felt heat on my cheeks.

"Everyone, focus. Let's follow Natsu's plan and hurry" Carla said before descending with Wendy towards some nearby injured people. "I trust you to save Blondie" Gajeel said before starting to descend with Pantherlily to fight Nightmare. "If you don't I'll rip you to shreds, gihi" he added with a chuckle. Great no pressure, just kidding he wouldn't be able to knock me down easily.

With Gajeel's last comment, Celestia, Happy and I flew towards Lucy, the dragon, and Nobu. The dragon was starting to attack the Magic Council building. I needed to get Nobu's attention, so I blew a Chaos Dragon Roar towards him. He anticipated my attack and jumped off the dragon's back and onto the ground. My plan was to defeat Nobu and hope his spell will be broken on the dragon holding Lucy.

He looked up at me with a victory smirk on his face. "I have a proposition for you Chaos" he said. I growled but listened to what he had to say. "If you side with me and follow my command, I'll leave Lucy out of my plan to destroy the Magic Council. I mean, the Magic Council never had a positive opinion of you anyway. On the other hand, if you work against me, I will have no choice but to use Lucy's magic power to destroy the Magic Council and anyone who gets in my way. What will you choose Chaos?" he asked. "Don't listen to him Natsu" Happy said.

Neither of Nobu's options appeals to me. There's no way I'd ever leave Lucy trapped in that dragon. Besides the Magic Council may have a negative opinion of me as Nobu said but they keep order in the Magic world to stop power-crazy morons like him from trying to take over Earthland. I choose my own path and I choose to save Lucy and Earthland.

I looked over my shoulder to tell Celestia to drop me and she does. Just before I was about to land in front of Nobu, I swung a Chaos Dragon Iron Fist at him but he jumped back. "I'll take that as a no" he said and then he reached into his pocket. He pulled out five small rocks of obsidian, each being no bigger than a marble. He closed his hand and a purple glow emitted from his fist. I anticipated a monster attack based on his magic we've seen so I stood prepared.

As he opened his hand, the five small rocks jumped out of his hand and landed in front of him. The rocks grew into large-scale monsters with aroar and immediately ran to attack me. I remembered what Lucy, Happy and I read in the book 'Lost Magic: The Art of Monsters'. 'If an opposing wizard has stronger willpower, their magic will pierce through the monster's body easily'. I casually walked towards the monsters and channelled the strongest emotion I had. RAGE for taking and hurting my mate. This filled my willpower to save Lucy.

I ignited my fist with my enraged black flames and Chaos Dragon Iron Fist punched each monster as they approached. As soon as my punch landed on each monster, they crumbled into a pile of rubble at my feet until I reached Nobu.