Chapter 39 - Chaos Dragon Slayer Bodyguard

Lucy's POV

I was sulking in Natsu's arms with my arms crossed and a pout on my face as Happy flew us back towards the guild. Even though I was in a lot of pain after Jupiter sucking out my magic power, the fight isn't over and I really wanted a rematch with Kaito. I can't let him think he beat me last time when he cheated by getting outside help. Besides that, Jose needs to be taken down.

As we flew closer and closer to the guild, I noticed our friends fighting a hundred black phantoms in dark purple hooded cloaks. "What are those things?" I questioned. "Those are Jose's Shade Troopers" Happy answered. I should've guessed those creepy phantoms belong to Jose. It was clear to see that our friends were having difficulty getting rid of these phantoms. The phantoms keep disappearing after each attack and then reappearing.

I noticed in the crowd that Levy, Jet and Droy were fighting. 'They're ok!' I inwardly cheered. I was so glad that they were ok. Thank goodness we have Wendy here helping us with her healing abilities.

Happy put us down in the middle of the chaos and then Natsu carried me towards the guild while avoiding everyone. Whenever a phantom tried to attack us, he would blow a black flame from his mouth at them. I spotted one coming up behind him and blew a flame at the phantom over his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder and saw my flame disintegrate the phantom before looking back at me. "You're welcome" I said while still sulking. I'm still not happy about his overprotectiveness. It's my fault that Phantom Lord are here and he's not letting me help fight them.

Natsu carried me all the way into the guildhall and into the infirmary where Wendy, Carla and Gramps were. I noticed Gramps lying unconscious on one of the beds. "What happened to Gramps?!" I asked, shocked to see him in that state. Natsu finally put me down by laying me down on the bed next to Gramps'. "He took a hit from the Jupiter cannon. He's all healed up, but it'll take him a little bit longer to wake up" Wendy explained. "He protected the guild" Happy added. "Phantom Lord is going to pay" I growled and tried to sit up but Natsu pushed me back down. "You're not going anywhere" he said, guarding my bed. I crossed my arms and pouted, sulking again. I need to figure out a way to sneak away from my Chaos Dragon Slayer bodyguard.

"Heal her" Natsu demanded Wendy. "Where are your manners? Didn't your dragon teach you to say please" Carla scolded and Natsu rolled his eyes. "It's ok Carla" Wendy said as she sat beside my bed and put her blue glowing hands over my body. As soon as her magic touched me, I felt lighter and the pain slowly faded away. "Is Lucy going to die?" Happy asked a stupid question and Natsu hit him in the back of the head for it. "Ouch Natsu" Happy complained while holding his head. "Of course she's not going to die" Carla scolded.

Suddenly we felt the building shake like we were having an earthquake. "What's going on out there?" I asked as we looked towards the window. We saw the Phantom Lord guild transform into a giant with arms and legs. "It transformed!" Happy exclaimed. "You didn't think you've defeated us since you took down our Jupiter cannon and taken back Lucy Heartfilia, did you?" Jose's voice spoke through the speaker which made me clench my fists. "Let's see how you face against Phantom Lord's greatest weapon... the Super Magic Giant: Phantom MkII!" he continued. "Needs a better name. It's a mouthful" Happy complained. "You're not wrong there" I replied and then the giant began to move.

"Does it plan to step on our guild?!" Carla exclaimed but then the giant stopped. It started moving its arms, creating a magic circle in the air. "It's an Abyss Break! And judging by its size, it could destroy everything as far as the Kardia Cathedral!" I heard Levy say from outside. "This isn't good. We have to go and stop it" I said and tried to get up but Natsu pushed me back down again. "You're not leaving this room" he said sternly, and I groaned. Once Wendy's done healing me then I'm going back out there whether Natsu likes it or not.

It took Wendy a few minutes to completely heal my wounds but I felt ten times better than before. "There. I managed to heal all your physical injuries but I couldn't help restore much of your magic power" she said. I patted her head with a smile. "You helped me a lot. Thanks Wendy" I said and she smiled back. She stood up and then went to the window with Carla to watch the fight outside.

"Now can I go?" I asked the protective Chaos Dragon Slayer. "No" he replied sternly with his arms still crossed. I sighed but then got an idea. "Fine, I won't go but can you please get me a glass of water Natsu? My throat is still a bit hoarse from all the screaming" I asked. Hoping he will leave the room. He turned to Happy and said "watch her" before leaving the room.

Once I was sure he was far enough away so he couldn't hear me with his heightened hearing, I turned to Happy. "Happy" I called him and waved him over quietly. "What?" he asked equally as quiet, as he flew closer to me. "Please take me back to the Phantom Lord guild" I asked. "But Natsu would be furious" he replied. "I'll buy you as many fish as you want for a day if you help me" I offered. It'll be hard for Happy to refuse fish. "I don't know" he said, still a bit hesitant. Time to up the deal so he can't refuse. "Ok, as many fish as you want for a day and I'll try to get you a date with Carla" I offered. His two favourite things, he won't be able to resist. "Deal" he replied enthusiastically and then we ran to the window.

"Where are you two going?" Carla asked, surprised to see me out of bed. "I'm not just going to sit here while my friends are out there fighting" I said as I opened the window. Happy picked me up by the back of my shirt and just as we flew out of the window, Natsu came back into the room. He threw the glass of water onto the floor and ran to the window glaring at us flying away. "Sorry Natsu!" I called back as we flew further and further away from the guild.