Chapter 77 - Effects of Mating Season

Lucy's POV

When we arrived at Natsu and Happy's house, Sting made a comment on the messy state of the living room. "Woah, when's the last time you cleaned this place?" he said while looking around. Natsu glared at him, "leave" he said and I glared back at him. They came for our help and Natsu's trying to shoo them off. He looked away from my glare with a small growl and then dropped Gajeel roughly in the middle of the room. Sting sweat-dropped, "is he going to do that to all of us if we act up during Mating Season?" he asked. Natsu smirked sadistically towards them and said "maybe." Sting and Rogue immediately jumped out of the open window in fear and ran away.

"Natsu!" I shouted but he shrugged his shoulders. "What? I was being honest" he replied nonchalantly and then he walked towards me. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to his chest. Without a word, he nuzzled his face into my neck and kissed my neck. I melted under his touch and warmth. My fingers unconsciously found their way to his hair. He trailed the kisses up my neck and jaw until he reached my lips. My mind was blank as I was intoxicated by his passionate kiss. Mating Season must be making my feelings crank up to eleven. Wait, I can't leave Sting and Rogue outside when their Mating Season cravings might go out of control.

Regrettably, I pulled away from the kiss and put one finger on Natsu's lips. "Sorry Natsu, to be continued. I need to find Sting and Rogue before they go out of control" I said. I tried to get out of Natsu's arms but he tightened his hold and growled. "Natsu, I promise to make time for you and only you before Mating Season is over. Just let me try to help my friends" I tried to compromise. He pouted but nodded and let me out of his arms. I gave him a quick peck on the lips to reward him.

"Argh, why did I have to wake up to that?" Gajeel grumbled as he sat up, letting us know he was awake. Without hesitation, I hit him on the head and knocked him out again. I couldn't believe he heard our embarrassing conversation. Natsu looked at me with wide eyes but then smirked proudly. "That's my girl" he praised, and I blushed. "I better get Sting and Rogue, stay with Gajeel" I said and then speed walked out of the front door. A lady does not jump out of other people's windows.

Once outside, I sniffed the air and tracked their scents. They ended up back at the guild. Luckily, they haven't gone crazy from Mating Season yet. "There you two are" I said as I approached them at the bar. "Don't listen to Natsu. I wouldn't let him hurt you" I added while leaning on the bar. "Doubt that. Don't get me wrong. We trust you when you say that, but after remembering Chaos' deadly kick from earlier and his sadistic smile, we might die before the season is over" Sting replied with a shiver, while unconsciously rubbing his stomach. Rogue nodded in agreement.

"I made Natsu promise not to purposely harm anyone during Mating Season. Trust me, he won't hurt you while I'm around" I said and they looked at each other. They both nodded at each other and then turned back to me. "We'll come back" Rogue replied for both of them. Before we could leave the guild, Kaito walked up to me and went down on one knee while holding my right hand. I bet he's taking the chance to flirt with me while I'm not with Natsu. "The sparkle in your eye is so bright, the sun and stars must be jealous. Will you do me the honour of going on a date with me?" he asked. "Does this happen a lot?" Sting whispered in my ear. "Yeah" I sighed. "Kaito, for the hundredth time, I'm mated to Natsu" I said and then out of nowhere, Kaito looked down at the ground, holding his head and groaning in pain.

"Kaito are you alright?" I asked worriedly as I crouched down to his level. He snapped his head up and I noticed a blue glow in his eyes. Before I could stop him, he started running towards the guild doors. "We need to stop him!" I shouted to Sting and Rogue and they followed me as we chased Kaito out of the guild. "Is this a part of Mating Season?" Sting asked while we ran. "I think so. His eyes turned blue. I think he hasn't met his mate yet, so Mating Season is making him search for his mate" I replied.

It was the only explanation I could think of. Since Natsu and I are mated, the season doesn't affect us as much as the others. Which is why I'm watching out for the others. Gajeel, Sting, and Rogue have met their mates so the effects of Mating Season will get stronger towards their mates as the week continues. If Kaito had met his mate then the state he's in shouldn't have happened until later in the season. Unfortunately, there is no book or information about Dragon Mating Season so this is purely instinct and the basic knowledge that Igneel told me.