Chapter 61 - Dragon Egg

Natsu's POV

After I found the pathetic excuse for a mayor and dragged his unconscious butt all the way back to the city, I followed Lucy and the other's scent to a mansion. It made me so mad when I found out this man stole from a dragon. Usually, the only reason for someone to steal from a dragon is for personal gain, especially in wealth. It makes me furious thinking about it. To make the situation worse, the mayor made the dragon look like a dangerous, aggressive monster. I personally knew how that felt until Lucy came into my life and turned my world upside down.

As I stood in front of the building where their scent ends, I wondered where Lucy was wandering around inside until I saw a faint light coming from one of the second-floor windows. Thinking it might be Lucy, I climbed up to the window while lugging the unconscious mayor on my back. Once I was hanging from the windowsill, I slammed the window open upward. A few short frightful yells could be heard inside from my sudden action. I raised my hand up to grip the frame and I heard another group of short frightful yells. What's going on?

Being sick of the dead weight on my back, I threw the mayor's unconscious body through the window, and he landed limply with a thump. Again, I heard another set of short frightful yells. Ignoring the noises coming from inside, I pulled myself up with a scowl on my face as I perched myself on the windowsill. I knew my anger for this man wasn't going to subside until I brought him to Lucy, Happy and the others. Loud screams deafened my sensitive ears and I growled angrily. I turned towards the people screaming and saw the jerks from Sabertooth running away from me.

Assuming they were heading back to the others, I jumped down from the window and grudgingly picked the collar of the mayor's dress shirt. I began dragging him with me as I followed them. As I was about to reach a set of stairs, I heard a big crash at the bottom of it. I stood at the top of the stairs, glaring down at Sting who I found on top of Lucy.

"Are you okay Sting?" Lucy asked. "M-M-M-M" Sting stuttered as he continued to stare up in fear at me. "Just spit it out!" Carla shouted, clearly sick of him delaying. "M-Monster!" Sting screamed as he pointed to me. Everyone looked either scared or ready to fight. I growled angrily at the fact he called me a monster. Everyone screamed in fright, but Lucy quickly stopped with a look of realisation. "Wait, Natsu is that you?" she asked, and everyone looked at her surprised. Realising that nobody could recognise me in the darkness, I walked down the stairs into the light provided by Lucy's flames while dragging the mayor behind me.

Lucy laughed as she heard the story of what happened between Sabertooth and me. We were waiting inside the mayor's library in his mansion for him to wake up. The mayor lay resting on one of his long library lounges. Soon we heard a groan coming from the mayor as he began to awaken. He rubbed his head while sitting up and then everyone turned to look at him with angry faces. "Ah!" he screamed when he noticed everyone and then quickly calmed down. "Oh it's just you..." he quickly picked up on the vibe of the room and felt intimidated by our glares.

"So why did you steal it?" Lucy growled at the mayor as she stepped up to him. He began to panic and sweat profusely. "Ah! I didn't know it was an egg, I swear! I thought it was a large gem!" the mayor panicked. I raised my eyebrow at his response. Lucy didn't mention it was an egg so that means he knew he stole a dragon egg. I growled angrily and when the mayor turned to me, he shuffled away from me as far as he could on the couch he was on. "I never mentioned it was an egg Mr Bubble" Lucy said and the mayor gulped. "Tell us where the egg is" Kaito demanded but the mayor kept silent. After a minute of silence, I had enough of waiting. I forcefully punched through a glass coffee table beside his couch. He screamed in fear as his eyes made contact with my furious ones. If he makes us wait any longer, then his face is going to be next.

"Alright! Alright! I'll show you" he said in fear and slowing rose to his feet with his hands in the air. We followed the mayor through the mansion while keeping a good eye on him. He led us to one of the many hallways and then faced the wall. "It's inside here" he said and then pressed a small pressure plate on the wall. The pressure plate would be easy to miss unless you look for a thumb-shaped spot on the wall that was painted a few shades darker than the rest of the wall.

The mayor then touched the wall to the left of the pressure plate, but his hand fazed through. It was like he was a ghost. Lucy was about to touch the wall as well, but I quickly grabbed her wrist to stop her. What if this was a trap? Kaito stepped forward and fazed his hand through the wall to test before pushing his head all the way through to look. He looked like a headless chicken to me. "Woah!" we heard his voice before he pulled his head back. "Yep, it's in there" he confirmed and then stepped aside for Stella to check. She fazed her head in to check what he saw. "It's my egg!" she exclaimed happily and then completely fazed her body inside. A few seconds later she fazed back out with a scaly metallic blue egg in her arms. The egg was almost as big as Happy's egg I found when I was young. She held her egg tightly like she'd never let it go again but also gently to not hurt the baby dragon inside.

"Will you please let me go now? You have your egg back and I promise to never steal from a dragon ever again" the mayor begged. Lucy looked around to the other Dragon Slayers and then looked at Stella. Reading her expression, she was asking if there were any objections. With a small nod from Stella, Lucy turned to the mayor. "You can go but if we find out you've stolen anything else in the future, we will be back" Lucy said with her tone getting darker and darker. The mayor shivered and quickly nodded before running away from us.

Celestia laughed as she flew up to Lucy's height. "You scared him good Lucy" she said, giving Lucy a high-five. "I had to scare him or he might do it again, but now we definitely won't get the reward money. I'll need to find another job to get rent money when we get back to Fairy Tail" Lucy replied with a cute pout and her arms crossed. Wait cute?! Ah, I'm having another one of those weird episodes where I call Lucy cute except...I don't feel like denying it. What's wrong with me? What's this feeling I have when I'm around Lucy. Maybe Happy's right and I am developing feelings for her? Once I get back home, I need to identify what these feelings are towards Lucy.