Chapter 80 - Three Questions

Lucy's POV

A creak woke me up from my nap. The house was silent, but I could smell an unfamiliar male scent in the room. As I became on guard against a potential intruder, a hand covered my mouth from the darkness before I could call out for Natsu and then I immediately felt drowsy. 'Sleep magic' I thought before I fell back into sleep.

The next time I woke up, I found myself in a cell and sat up with a bit of difficulty. My arms were tied behind me with seal stone cuffs, my ankles tied with regular cuffs and a cloth gag in my mouth. 'Seriously kidnapped again?! What for this time? Where were Natsu and the others? I hope nothing happened to them. If they have harmed my mate, I swear...' I thought as anger built up in me. Unfortunately, I couldn't break out of my restraints.

"Wow, your eyes do glow red" a male voice commented and I saw a man walk from the exit door to my cell door. He had spiky dark purple hair and lime green eyes. His attire was a tight grey t-shirt that showed off his muscles with long puffy brown pants. A light brown leather belt with a metal buckle sat around his waist. Draped from his back was a black cloak with a hood.

I tried demanding what he had done with my mate but it came out as muffles because of the gag. He bent the cell bars apart with his magic and walked in. "Say again" he mocked as he crouched down and pulled the gag out of my mouth. I growled, "what have you done with my mate?" I demanded with a glare. "Nothing yet. No one was there when I took you, making it easier to take you" he smirked. 'Natsu and the others weren't at the house? Where did they go?' I wondered.

"Two more questions sweetheart" the man smirked as he held two fingers up. "What?" I questioned. "You have two more questions before I put that gag back on. So choose your questions wisely. I won't count your 'what' question, since I'm such a gentleman" he replied. I thought carefully about what questions to ask. "Why am I here?" I asked the main question that came to mind. He sat down in front of me cross-legged, getting comfortable. "I kidnapped you so we could get to your mate, Chaos. My guild found an ancient Dragon book deep in the mountains with details about Dragon Mating Season" he said and pulled out a book from behind him. My eyes widened at the book. There was a book on Dragon Mating Season? I didn't know one existed. The cover looked like dark red dragon scales with gold text saying 'Dragon Mating Season' on the front. The book and its pages look worn out like it's been around for over 500 years.

"This book states that the only way to control a Dragon, or in this case Dragon Slayer, is to capture their mate. Capture the mate and the dragon will be under their control. So you could say we captured you to control Chaos" he explained further. 'So they are after Natsu' I thought and growled. Damn, I'm acting more like Natsu. "Last question" he said which prompted my next question. "You said guild, which guild are you from?" I asked. He smirked as he put the book away and showed me the dark purple insignia on his right shoulder. The insignia was in the shape of a dragon head. "The dark guild Dragon Conquers. Our guild was founded on the idea to conquer dragons and to control them. We are following our guild's purpose by capturing you" he explained proudly. Sounded like a similar idea behind the name Fairy Tail but we're not hellbent on causing destruction.

While I was in thought, he put the gag back in my mouth. I tried to pull away, but it was too late. "That's your three questions sweetheart" he said as he stood up. "We know all about Dragon Slayer's hearing and we can't risk you calling out to him just yet. It'll ruin our plan" he said as he walked out of the cell and closed the bars back into place with his magic. "Oh and one more thing, the name's Daichi" he added before standing by the exit door, guarding it.

After five minutes of silence, a loud explosion sounded a few floors above us. My heart skipped a beat knowing that it was Natsu. "He's here earlier than we expected but no matter" Daichi smirked before heading over to my cell again. He used his magic to open the bars again and walk towards me. I tried to shuffle away from him as best as I could on the floor but he quickly caught up and grabbed my upper arm. He pulled me to my feet and held my back to his chest as he raised a sharp knife to my neck. "Stay quiet sweetheart" he whispered into my ear while pressing the knife dangerously close to cutting my throat.

The ceiling outside my cell collapsed and four figures had dropped down with it. My eyes were drawn to the person at the front, my mate Natsu. 'Daichi is in trouble now' I thought proudly. Natsu's body was tense with rage, fists and teeth clenched, and he gave Daichi a deathly glare. His eyes glowed black with swirls of dark blue. Behind him were the other male Dragon Slayers, Gajeel, Sting, and Rogue. Each of them in a similar position with each of their eyes glowing. Gajeel's eyes glowed grey, Sting's was white, and Rogue's was black. "What the?! The book never mentioned Dragon Slayers hunt in packs!" Daichi exclaimed. I wasn't totally sure about what I was seeing in front of me but it was clear that Natsu was the 'Alpha of the pack'.