Chapter 47 - Special Fishing Spot

Natsu's POV

"Hey Natsu! Look at the fish I caught!" Happy called my attention and I saw him holding a big fish above his head. "Great job buddy" I replied. After Happy and I brought Lucy back to the guild, that water guy Kaito has been flirting with Lucy for three days. Every time he flirts with her, I get super mad for some reason. I've tried punching and kicking him away from her but he just keeps coming back like an annoying fly.

So, Happy and I have invited her to come fishing with us at our special fishing spot. Now Lucy is far away from that flirt and I can have a break from beating him up. We sat side-by-side by a lake, with Happy on my left and Lucy on my right, each holding handmade fishing rods in our hands. Whenever Happy and I need a break, we come here to this lake near our house to unwind and fish.

Suddenly Lucy's fishing line tightened and her rod bowed. "I caught something!" she exclaimed excitedly as she stood up. She pulled and pulled with all her might and then a giant maroon fish jumped out of the water. It flew towards her with its mouth wide open. I immediately jumped to my feet and punched it away from her. It crashed into a tree nearby and fell onto the floor.

"I think I'm just going to pick some berries instead of fishing" Lucy said before walking towards a nearby blueberry bush, stunned over the fish she caught. "Can I have your fish, Lucy?" Happy asked. "Knock yourself out" she replied without looking back. "Yay!" he cheered and then flew towards the giant fish. "Do you want some Natsu?" he asked as he drooled over the fish. "Half" I replied. "Ok but I'm having the head" he said and then looked at Lucy.

"You know Natsu" he started and then turned to me with a big sly grin. "I think I was right earlier" he said. "What about?" I asked, curious about what he was referring to. "I think you do like Lucy as more than a friend. You love~ her" he replied and I glared at him. "I don't" I said. "Oh really~. Let's test it shall we?" he replied with a smirk and then turned towards Lucy. "Hey Lucy, come over here for a second!" he called out to her.

She turned her attention away from the blueberry bush and then walked towards us. I didn't like where this was going. "What's up Happy?" she asked when she reached us. "I wanted to ask you something. When you were kidnapped by Phantom Lord, did you notice that Natsu called you Lucy instead of Blondie?" he asked and I growled. Happy's really pushing my buttons, but I can't do anything to him or else Lucy will get mad at me.

"Really?" she said in surprise. "I thought I imagined it" I heard her mutter to herself. I felt embarrassed that she noticed that. It was kind of a heat of the moment thing. "Yeah! He even did it twice" Happy replied. "Twice?" Lucy asked in surprise. Happy's really close to the edge now. I glared at him threateningly, warning him to stop before I get mad but he ignored my glare. "When we got you out of the machine, Natsu held you and begged for you to wake up. He said, 'hey Lucy, open your eyes please. Show me that you're ok.'" That was the final straw.

Before he could embarrass me more, I grabbed him by the tail and threw him across the forest. "AAAAAAAAH" he screamed as he flew. Lucy looked shocked as Happy disappeared in the distance and then turned to me angrily. "What did I tell you about throwing him like that?!" she shouted. "He deserved it" I simply replied and then sat down in my spot, cutting off the conversation. "Oh no we're not done talk-" suddenly a rustle nearby caught our attention, interrupting her, and we both jumped onto a fighting stance.

We recognised the person's scent before they revealed themselves to be Gray. He jumped out of the bushes with his Ice Demon Slayer markings, aiming a punch at me. I quickly jumped out of the way and stood next to Lucy. "Gray? What are you doing here?" Lucy asked. "And how did you find us?" I added my own question. No one in the guild knows about this place except me, Happy and now Lucy, so he shouldn't have been able to find us. "I was looking for Chaos and saw Happy being thrown across the forest. So I followed the direction on where Happy was thrown" he replied. Damn you Happy! First he teases me, then he gets me in trouble with Lucy and now he led the most annoying guildmate here. I'm so burning Happy's secret stash of fish.

"Why were you looking for Natsu?" Lucy asked. "I was itching for a fight" Gray replied. Here we go again. I got back into a fighting stance which he mirrored. He stripped off his shirt, ready to attack. "Guys, do we really need to do this?" Lucy asked with a sigh. Without replying, Gray charged at me with a raised fist. "I guess you do" she sighed and walked away as I dodged his punch by ducking. While I was slightly crouched, I threw a punch upwards and uppercut him. He stumbled back and then ice froze over his hand until it was covered. He threw an icy punch and I countered it by clashing my black flaming fist with his.

He stepped back and created some space before breathing in. "Ice Devil Rage!" he chanted and a roar of ice shot out his mouth. "Chaos Dragon Roar!" I chanted, roaring black flames to counter his ice. As soon as both magic clashed, mine overpowered his and headed towards him. "Ice Make: Shield!" he chanted as he spread his arms wide, creating a turtle shell-shaped ice shield. Once my roar dispersed, his ice shield barely survived.

He growled and covered his fist with ice. I lit my fist as he charged at me with his fist raised. I raised my fist and charged at him. Our fists were going to collide until two hands grabbed our fists. We turned to the person who stopped our fight which I was surprised was Lucy. I thought she wasn't going to get involved.

Each of her hands became frozen and burned. I immediately retracted my hand and Gray did the same. Pain swelled in my chest knowing I hurt her. "I hope you two got enough out of your systems because I don't want this beautiful place to be ruined by the two of you" she said. My heart warmed when she said Happy's and my special fishing spot is beautiful. "And Happy told me about the destruction you two made on a job together without Erza there to stop you" she added. Happy secret fish stash in now going to be a pile of ash.

"Now if you don't mind, I'm going to the guild to have Wendy heal my hands" she said and then walked off. Without hesitation, I followed her and sped up to walk side-by-side with her. "Sorry" I quietly said to her so Gray couldn't hear me and she smiled. "It's ok and you're welcome" she said and I tilted my head slightly. I didn't thank her for anything. "For protecting your special place" she said, reading my mind. A small smile crept on my face and I nodded. Suddenly Happy popped up in front of us. "You looooove~ her" he laughed behind his paws. Happy!