Chapter 1 - Salamander

Natsu's POV

"Come on Happy" I said coldly as I stood up from my usual seat on the second floor of the guild I hated so much. I didn't join this guild by choice, the old man forced me to join. The only reason I haven't left was because I'm searching for my father Acnologia.

Happy is my only friend. When I was little, a few days after I 'joined' the guild, I was punching a tree which I was using to get my anger out when a large white egg with blue markings fell on my head. I thought it was a dragon egg so I took it home. As soon as I took it home, it began to hatch and out came Happy. He's the only one who didn't care who my father is and we've been best friends ever since.

When we silently walked out of the guild, I felt everyone in the guild staring and some glaring at me as we left the building but I gave them no notice. "Where are we going this time?" Happy asked as he flew beside me. "Hargeon. I heard a rumour there's a Fire Dragon Slayer called 'Salamander' visiting there and I want him to tell me where Acnologia is" I replied with a growl. "Aye lets hurry before he leaves" he said. For the rest of the trip was quiet, Happy knows I don't like to talk unless necessary.

After a day of walking, we reached the port town of Hargeon the next day. We walked around aimlessly for any clues on this 'Salamander'. I've heard this Dragon Slayer was raised by a fire dragon and is known for saving a lot of towns with that fire power. I wondered what he would be like, probably reckless and carefree.

"EEEEEK did you hear? The famous wizard, Salamander is here!" I heard a woman down the street as she ran up to tell her friend. "EEEK really? Lets go see him!" the friend reply and then the two women ran off. I followed the women and Happy silently followed me. The women joined a crowd of other squealing women who were surrounding a man with dark blue hair and a fancy x tattooed over his right eye. "Ah Salamander I love you!" some of the women screamed. "Ladies, ladies, there's enough of me to go around" Salamander said and winked. The women screamed in delight which was irritating to my ears. Women are annoying.

I broke through the crowd, not caring if I knocked any women down, and grabbed Salamander's collar. "Tell me where Acnologia is" I demanded. I heard some of the women whisper to each other "it's Chaos!" and then they all backed far away. They probably haven't run away yet because of Salamander. "I don't know who you are but unless you're a fan of mine, beat it kid" he said arrogantly and smacked my hand off his collar. I noticed two rings on his right hand and recognised them. They were Charm Rings. This guy was using illegal Charm Rings to make women fall in love with him.

Something seemed fishy here, why would this guy be using illegal magic. "Take off the rings" I growled. "What?" Salamander asked in confusion and in a bit of a panic. "You heard him. Take off the rings" Happy said, knowing I don't like to repeat myself. "I don't know what you're talking about" Salamander replied, sweating. Out of nowhere, he threw a fire ball at Happy and I whipped my head to him in worry. Before I could react, a blonde woman with a scaly white scarf pulled him in a protective embrace in a crouch position with her back to the flame and protected him. I mentally sigh in relief that Happy didn't get hurt and then turn to find Salamander running away. Rage burned through my body, he tried to hurt Happy and thinks he can get away with it. I bolted after him and then pulled him to the ground by his collar before he could get too far.

He turned to me with fear in his eyes. "I r-recognise you n-now. Y-You're C-Chaos, aren't you?" he stuttered in fear. I growled in response and then gave him a Chaos Dragon Iron Fist to the face. He skidded across the hard cobble ground. I stalked up to him like he was my prey. "Chaos Dragon-" I started to chant with my arms up and Salamander started running in the other direction. He won't get away that easily, "Wing Attack!" I finished my chant as I threw my arms down. Salamander fell the ground unconscious and badly injured.

I breathed in for a Chaos Dragon Roar when Happy shouted "Natsu!" I realised one more attack and I would've killed Salamander. I turned to Happy, all the women were gone except the blonde woman who saved him who was cradling him in her arms. I walked up to them, "this is Natsu" Happy told Blondie while pointing at me. "Hi I'm Lucy" Blondie greeted me with a smile. I growled in greeting but it didn't faze her. "I recognise him now" Happy said pointing to Salamander. "That's Bora the Prominence, he got kicked out of the Titan Nose Guild because he used magic in thievery. He's a regular fire wizard" he continued. So, he wasn't the one we were looking for.

I growled in anger, annoyed we came all this way for nothing. "I'm guessing he isn't here" Happy said flying out of Lucy's arms. "Who are you looking for?" she asked. "A Fire Dragon Slayer called Salamander" Happy replied. Maybe she knows something about his whereabouts. "What do you need from me?" she answered. Huh?! "Huh?!" Happy vocalised for the both of us. "I'm a Fire Dragon Slayer and my nickname is Salamander. The name stuck after I helped a few towns" she replied. This didn't make sense, Salamander is supposed to be a man.

I walked up to her until I was a few inches from her face with a scowl on my face. "Prove it" I said coldly, looking for any source of lies in her eyes. She looked back at me with no fear in her eyes which surprised me but I didn't show it on my face. Usually people back away in fear when I glare at them but she didn't. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" she chanted and swung a flaming fist at me. I quickly stepped back to dodge the attack and then she raised her flaming fist beside her head. "Believe me now" she said, with a smug grin. She was definitely Salamander.

"That explains why you didn't get hurt when Bora's fireball hit you" Happy said in realisation. Lucy extinguished her flame and put her fist down. "So, what did you want me for?" she asked with her arms crossed. This woman is very interesting and isn't like other women I've come across. "Natsu's looking for his dragon Acnologia and wanted to know if you've seen him" Happy answered for me. Her expression went from nice to apologetic when she turned to look at Happy. "Sorry I can't help you. I'm actually also looking for my dragon, Igneel" she replied. "Did he leave on the seventh of July X777?" Happy asked. I was wondering the same question. "Yeah he did. Did Acnologia go missing around that time too?" she asked, "yeah" Happy replied.

"Well, I'm sorry I couldn't have been more help but if that's all you guys wanted, I'm going to take this fake 'Salamander' to the authorities" she said and was about to walk away but I grabbed her wrist. This woman intrigued me and I want to take her with me. She might be able to help me with my search somehow.

"Hey what are you-Ah?!" she exclaimed as I threw her over my shoulder. "Let me go!" she shouted and I felt her hitting my back. Geez she's loud. I ignored her shouting and began walking towards the forest. Everyone was staring at the three of us but no one dared to intervene because of me. "So, I guess we're taking her with us?" Happy asked me and I gave him a slight nod. "Yay Lucy's coming with us!" he cheered, I guess he's grown attached to Blondie in a short amount of time. Salamander is coming to Fairy Tail whether she wants to or not.