Chapter 97 - It's Important To You

Lucy's POV

Nashi giggled as I bounced her on my lap. We were enjoying a day at the guild at our family table up on the second floor beside Natsu, who strangely has been extra quiet today. He seems to have something on his mind but when I tried to ask him earlier today about it, he said it's nothing to worry about. Nashi giggled and then cooed as she looked up at her father with a smile and held her hands out to him. Natsu snapped out of his thoughts and took Nashi out of my hands with a small smile. He cuddled her to his chest and let her play with the edge of his cloak before going back into his thoughts.

I curiously wondered what he could be thinking about. Suddenly he took a deep breath and stood up, standing directly in front of me. "Natsu?" I questioned his actions, wondering what he going to do. My eyes widened when he kneeled on one knee facing me. 'This isn't what I think it is, is it?!' I wondered excitedly. To confirm my suspicions, he pulled out a diamond ring from his pocket while holding Nashi with his other arm. Nashi cooed in excitement.

"Will you marry me?" he asked and then I noticed the guild become strangely silent. I glanced through the railing to see everyone watching us. Did they know about this? I looked down at my mate/the love of my life and our daughter and said the only answer I would ever give in this situation. "Yes!" I squealed and Natsu sighed in relief. I don't understand why he was worried. We were technically married in dragon marriage as mates so obviously I would say yes.

The guild cheered for our engagement and started partying while Happy and Celestia were going trigger-happy with their lacrima cameras around us to capture this moment. Natsu slipped the ring onto my finger and gave me a passionate kiss on the lips. Nashi cheered like she was celebrating with us and we separated our kiss to look down at her happily. She was so cute!

Natsu sat down beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist. "So this was why you were acting so strange today" I stated as I admired my new ring. "I thought you didn't want a human marriage since we are already mated in dragon marriage?" I asked. He never seemed interested in the idea of a human wedding before. "I didn't but it's important to you so it's important to me" he replied and I immediately smiled. He knew how much I dreamed of walking down the aisle in a beautiful white wedding dress. I pecked his lips with a kiss. "Thank you Natsu" I said.

"Congratulations Natsu and Lucy" Celestia said as she flew over with Happy. "Make sure you have plenty of yummy fishies at the reception" Happy said, drooling at the thought. "Yes, you must have fishies" Celestia added. Natsu glared at Happy, "no fish. Too stinky" he argued and they gasped in horror. "You can't have a wedding without fish" Happy argued back and Celestia nodded in support. I giggled, 'you can have a wedding without fish' I thought. "We'll make sure to have plenty of fish for both of you to eat" I said and they smiled while Natsu groaned. Celestia flew into my chest for a hug. "Thank you Lucy! You're the best!" she cheered.

I noticed Kyan flying over to us slightly nervous. "Celestia? Do you have a minute to talk?" he asked. "Go ahead" I whispered, encouraging Celestia. She flew off my chest and turned to Kyan. "Sure" she replied with a bashful expression before she flew with him to have a private chat. Lately, they've been getting closer and closer and having private talks like this regularly. I can't wait for them to become a couple!