Chapter 76 - Start of Mating Season

Natsu's POV

It's day one of Mating Season and Lucy and I were sitting at our table on the second floor. Lucy was keeping an eye out for the other Dragon Slayer while I was staring at her. My heart was racing and I was craving to kiss her luscious lips. I would blame Mating Season for this, but I can't deny that I would crave her lips any other day. It irritated me that she was focusing on the other two male Dragon Slayers than me. I should be getting all of her attention.

I stood up from my seat and moved to sit next to her. Her attention didn't shift so I pulled her into my lap which made her look at me. As soon as our eyes met, I noticed her gaze soften. We both felt like a magnet was pulling us together and our heads slowly closing the gap. Just as I felt her light breath on my lips and our lips were about to touch, someone shouted "LUCY!" from the guild doors. Lucy whipped her head away and walked over to the railing. I growled in disappointment and walked over to the railing to join her. Who dares to interrupt my kiss with Lucy!

"Hey Lightbulb and Rogue! What are you doing here?" Lucy asked and waved as we saw Sting and Rogue standing at the guild doors. Great, more male Dragon Slayers to take my Lucy's attention. Maybe I should take Lucy somewhere where no Dragon Slayer can ever lay their eyes on my mate ever again? Wait, wait, that's Mating Season talking. Lucy would be angry with me if I tried to lock her up somewhere. I pulled myself back from my Mating Season craziness but I'm still angry that they interrupted my kiss with Lucy.

"We need your help" Sting said. Lucy ran over to the stairs and I growled in disappointment. I guess that kiss will have to wait till later. She surprised me by turning back to me and giving me a peck on the lips before running downstairs. My cheeks felt hotter than normal. I guess that'll do for now but I expect a bigger kiss later.

I followed Lucy downstairs and when we stood in front of Sting and Rogue, I held Lucy's hand. Clearly showing them not to dare make a move on my woman. "What do you need my help with?" Lucy asked. "We don't know what's happening to us. We've been acting strange in front of Yukino and Minerva. I get angry every time another man goes near Yukino, and Rogue stalks Minerva like...that" Sting pointed at Juvia who was hiding behind a pillar watching Gray drinking. I had a quick answer to get rid of them. "Puberty, now leave" I said before Lucy could respond and earned a slap on the arm from her. "Don't listen to Natsu. You're feeling the effects of Dragon Mating Season" Lucy explained. "Dragon Mating Season?" Sting and Rogue both questioned. Lucy briefly explained Mating Season to them and they listened with interest.

"So, Yukino is my mate?" Sting questioned, "and Minerva is my mate?" Rogue continued. "Yep, you're welcome to stay here until Mating Season is over. We can make sure you don't do anything you might regret" Lucy offered. I grumbled, I didn't want to babysit more male Dragon Slayers.

"Gajeel, you're a bit too close" we heard Levy say and the four of us turned towards the commotion. Speaking of babysitting, Gajeel had his arm around Levy's shoulder and he was sniffing her hair. I heavily sighed before letting go of Lucy's hand to run to Gajeel and punch him in the stomach, knocking him unconscious. As he slumped forward, I lifted his limp body over my shoulder. Levy looked at me shocked along with the rest of the guild. "Hey man, what did you do that for?!" one man called out from the crowd. "Leave him be. He's doing his job" the Old Man intervened from the bar counter. Lucy wanted to keep Mating Season a secret from the others except for the old man. If the others knew, they might make the season take a turn for the worst.

"What job are you talking about Master?" Erza asked. "I'll explain later. For the next seven days, do not question Natsu and Lucy's actions" he replied and everyone nodded. I walked over to Lucy and then swung my other arm around her shoulders. "Come with us. You can stay at my place while you're here" Lucy said to Sting and Rogue as we started to walk towards the guild doors. I growled in disapproval, they were not staying in my mate's home. "No, my place" I said, and Lucy was surprised that I would allow other people into my home but didn't argue.