Chapter 34 - Lucy's Scarf

Natsu's POV

It's almost time for the guild to head out to attack Phantom Lord. I was up in my usual spot on the second floor with Happy beside me. Watching everyone preparing and planning for the upcoming attack. To get revenge for hurting Bookworm, Speedy and Plantman. Before Lucy, I wouldn't have cared about what happened to other guild members, but since she's going to fight for her friends, I'm going to fight for her. Speaking of her, she was late. I searched for her in the crowd with my eyes, but she still isn't here yet.

The old man stopped in front of the guild doors. From where I sat, I could feel rage radiating from him. It almost sends shivers down my spine. "Let's show these Phantom Punks that they should never mess with Fairy Tail!" the old man ranted and every one replied "aye!" angrily. Something wasn't right. Lucy would never be late to something like this. I had a bad feeling.

Happy started flying towards the door to join the others but stopped when he noticed I wasn't following. "Aren't you coming Natsu?" he asked. "You go on ahead. I'm going to look for Lucy" I replied. "Ok, meet us there" he said and then flew off with everyone else.

As soon as everyone left, I jumped down from the second floor and ran out of the guild. I followed Lucy's route to and from the guild. People stared in confusion as they watched me run past them, but I couldn't care less. If Phantom Lord is responsible for why Lucy's missing, then I need to find her. She might be injured somewhere like how Levy, Jet and Droy were.

As I was passing a quiet street, I got a strong whiff of her scent and followed it to find her white scaly scarf laying on the ground ahead of me. I ran to it and picked it up. She would never lose this especially since it's from her dragon Igneel. Something must've happened to her.

I wrapped it around my neck for safekeeping and looked around surveying the area for clues. I noticed burn marks and wet spots on the buildings and road all the way down the street. It looked like she had a fight with a Water-type wizard. A whiff of seawater and peppermint caught my attention and I whipped around to find a blond man with green eyes sitting casually on top of the roof behind me. He smirked as soon as he saw me notice him. I spotted his blue Phantom Lord insignia and growled.

"So you're the infamous Chaos of Fairy Tail? You're not as scary as I thought you would be. Especially with that pink hair of yours" he chuckled. 'Does this guy have something to do with Lucy's disappearance?' I wondered. "Where's Lucy" I growled, demanded to know. "Oh, you mean the hot blonde? She's back at Headquarters. Probably being tortured right about now but I did give her an offer to join me. Sucks she rejected me though, we would've made an awesome team. Maybe she'll change her mind after Master Jose roughens her up a bit" he replied, with a confident smirk. My blood boiled with anger. Phantom Lord has Lucy and they're torturing her. They're HURTING her.

I lit both my fists with my black flames and he just whistled impressed. "Wow, your flames really are black" he said impressed but I couldn't care less. I was about to attack him when a big man with bandages covering his eyes, a long loose green jacket, purple and white scarf, and a red beaded tribal necklace appeared out of thin air beside him. From what I overheard from the old man, this man was Aria of the Air. If he's Aria, then who's the other guy?

"Is it time to go?" the blond guy asked. "Master Jose requests you back at Headquarters" Aria replied. The blond guy turned to me and smirked. "Time to see my sexy Blondie. See you later Chaos" he chuckled as he stood up and I growled. She's not his. "You're not going anywhere!" I shouted as I leapt at them with my black flaming fist raised. Aria raised his hand behind the blond guy's back and then both of them disappeared into thin air a couple of seconds before my punch could land on the blond guy. My fist broke through the roof where they were standing a few seconds ago.

Dangerous black magic energy radiated off my body as I punched the roof one more time in frustration. Rage boiled through my body. Phantom Lord is going to pay for taking Lucy away from me and torturing her. I jumped off the roof and as soon as my feet touched the ground, I ran towards the Phantom Lord guildhall. Lucy's scarf flapped against the wind behind me. 'Hang in there Lucy. I'm coming to save you' I thought. When I get there, Phantom Lord won't get any mercy from me.