Chapter 64 - Gift

Lucy's POV

After the torturous train ride back to Magnolia, we walked through the city. Since we got off the train, Natsu has been holding my hand tightly the entire way. Everyone we passed stared in surprise at our hands. You wouldn't notice it by his expression, but I could tell Natsu was clearly proud as we passed some jealous guys. Except for the one feminine guy with thick make-up and wearing women's clothing who was jealous of me. He faintly cringed as we passed the he-she guy.

When we reached the guild, we opened the door and walked in. "We're back!" I called out and everyone turned to us. "Welcome baaa..." everyone went silent when they saw Natsu and me. "WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!" they exclaimed loudly, hurting my ears. As everyone in the guild quickly crowded around us, Natsu quickly pulled me into his arms, hugging me from behind, possessively growling at them. "Did what I think happened on that job?" Levy asked as she pointed to his arms around my waist. Kaito dragged his heavy feet with his head down as he walked dejectedly to the bar and flopped down on a bar stool. He hasn't been the same since the news. Kyan followed right behind him and sat on the counter in front of him. Gajeel, Wendy, Panther Lily, Carla, Happy, and Celestia stepped outside the crowd to avoid the questioning.

I gave the guild a big smile. "We're dating" I told them and all their eyes widened. "WHAT?!" they exclaimed again in shock which hurt my ears for the second time. I covered my ears to protect them and then I felt Natsu growl. Everyone took one big step back at the sound of his growl. "We need to work on your newly found possessiveness" I mumbled to him as I rubbed his arms around me. He huffed in response and looked away.

"Wow, I didn't think Chaos would get a girlfriend, before most of us no less" Gray commented and Natsu glared at him. I stepped in before they start a fight. "How about you get us something to eat while I talk to the girls? We can go home together afterwards" I suggested and then he hummed in thought. Without much thought, he released me from his arms and then headed to the bar. At least that's progress. I thought he might object and stay clung to my side the whole time we're here.

As soon as he was away from me, the girls grabbed each of my arms and dragged me to a free table. Everyone else dispersed and went back to what they were doing. "So, spill! What happened?" Levy was the first one to ask. "Start from the beginning" Bisca urged. "Well then, I should start from the beginning of the job. The request first sent us to Clover to meet the representatives of the Magic Council and the rest of our party, which happened to be the Twin Dragons of Sabertooth. The Magic Council had gathered all the Dragon Slayers to fight a dragon" I began retelling the events of the job. "A DRAGON?!" everyone listening exclaimed and I nodded.

I was about the continue my story when Natsu walked over with a plate of food and a strawberry milkshake. He leaned down and whispered in my ear from behind my chair. "I'm going out for a bit. Don't leave the guild until I get back and beat up any male who touches you" he whispered. "Ok, I won't let any boys touch me and I'll wait here for you" I replied. I'm glad he trusts me enough to handle myself alone. He hummed in approval and then walked out of the guild. I wondered what's he going to do? "Continue. We need to know what happened" Lisanna urged and everyone leaned forward in anticipation. "Ok, ok. So after the Magic Council told us the details of the job, we-" I continued the story.

By the time I finished explaining my story, the girls had hearts in their eyes. "Awe, it's so cute how much Chaos loves you" Levy said and I blushed. "Speak of the devil" Erza said and we turned to see Natsu coming towards us. "Ready?" he asked. I could tell he had something on his mind. "Yeah, I'm ready" I said and then turned to the others. "See you tomorrow" I said with a small wave as I stood up from my seat and they replied "bye!" "Happy! Celestia!" I called out when we reached the guild doors and said exceeds flew over to us.

When we reached my place, Celestia and I walked through the door like mannered people while Happy and Natsu jumped through the window like barbarians before I could tell them not to. As soon as I took one step into my apartment, Natsu grasped my hand and pulled me to sit beside him on the bed. I tilted my head slightly, curious about his strange behaviour. "Is something wrong?" I asked and he shook his head. "I got you something" he said and then brought two matching necklaces out of his pocket. It was a curled dragon charm the size of a stone on a silver chain. One difference between the two charms was that one dragon charm was black while the other was red. "The black one's yours" he said. How sweet, we have matching couple necklaces!

Happy gasped, "you never gave me matching necklaces" he complained. "You don't get matching necklaces" Natsu replied with a light glare and then he turned back to me. He handed me my necklace and I put it on. Once I had clasped the chain, Natsu lit the end of his finger with a small black flame and then tapped my charm. The charm glowed for a second before fading back to normal. "What did you do?" I asked him. "I put my magic in it, so if we ever need to find each other the charms will lead us the way, but it will only work once until we refill them with more magic" he explained. So cute, it's a tracking device for emergencies. This could also put his possessive mind at ease, knowing I can call him if I'm ever in trouble. Also, it's nice to know I have a piece of Natsu wherever I go.

"Put your flame into mine" he said and I repeated his actions with my flame into his charm. Once the glow faded, he put his necklace on. I lifted the charm around my neck in my hand to look at it and then looked back at Natsu with a smile. "This is a beautiful gift" I said and then slowly leaned in. He followed my lead until our lips clashed in a kiss.