Chapter 91 - Taken

Natsu's POV

The next morning, I was walking through the streets, holding Lucy's hand while she walked balancing next to the river. I don't understand how that's fun but if she likes it then I'm okay with it. "Be careful there Lucy!" a fisherman on a boat called out like always as he passed. "I will. Besides I've got Natsu with me" she called. Pride swirled around in my chest, knowing she knows I will always protect her. "I hope Mira has the new shipment of yummyfishies" Happy said. "Me too" Celestia added. They drooled as they flew beside us.

Suddenly the wind began to pick up and I noticed a familiar scent. I whipped my head behind me and saw Acnologia flying towards us roaring. When he came close, he opened his claws to grab Lucy but I quickly pulled her away from the river and pushed her out of the way towards a nearby alleyway. Acnologia's claws grabbed me instead. "Natsu!" I heard Lucy exclaim. "Don't touch her!" I shouted at Acnologia as I punched his claws with my black flames. My punches barely hurt him. He abruptly threw me across the city and I crashed through the roof of the guild.

Everyone in the guild was shocked by my abrupt entrance but I had no time to deal with their stares. I growled angrily and then ran out of the guild to see Acnologia chasing Lucy who was being flown by Happy. 'Keep her safe until I get there Happy' I thought before running towards them. The guild followed behind me when they saw what was happening. Celestia flew over to me while I ran. "Natsu areyou ok? Lucy was worried about you" she said. I nodded but didn't slow down. Before I could reach them, Acnologia closed the gap and grabbed Lucy. "No!" I shouted but he ignored me. He flicked Happy off Lucy's back and sent him across the city. 'Only I can throw my best friend across the city!' I thought in rage as I glared at Acnologia.

"Let go of me! Natsu!" Lucy shouted while trying to punch his claws with her flaming fists. Acnologia turned to fly away. "Lucy!" I shouted as I ran and tried to catch up to them. "I'll be back for you, Natsu. Once I deal with this problem" Acnologia said before flying away from the city. "Natsu!" Lucy's cry was the last thing I heard before they disappeared in the distance. I collapsed to my knees in defeat. The guild stopped behind me. 'He took her. He took my mate and the mother of my child. I have failed to protect her. To protect them' I thought while gritting my teeth.

My blood boiled as I stood back onto my feet. "HOW DARE HE!" I growled as I lit my whole body with black flames. The guild members behind me took a few steps back away from me. "We'll find her. We will fight with you to get her back. Use your necklace to find her" Gajeel spoke up. I almost forgot about my tracking necklace.

I grabbed the red dragon charm and held it in front of my mouth. "Find my mate NOW" I demanded, and the black eyes glowed brightly. The dragon charm became animated as it uncurled and began to fly. It let go of the silver chain around my neck and flew in the direction where Acnologia took Lucy. Without hesitation, we followed the small red animated flying dragon charm. 'Stay alive Lucy. I'm coming' I thought as I ran.

Lucy's POV

Acnologia took me to a cave at the top of a mountain with a large patch of land outside the entrance, big enough for a dragon to land. His grip on me was painfully tight. As soon as he landed, he roughly threw me into the cave. I protected my stomach as I rolled and crashed into the back wall of the cave. I growled as I glared at him. "I won't let you kill me so easily" I said as I lit my fist on fire and stood up. He shocked me when he transformed into his human form.

He turned into a dark-skinned muscular man with long, dark blue-coloured hair and blue markings on his body. For attire, he wore a high-collared, black cloak, sharp red claws around his neck, a sash around his waist, a gold arm ring tightened around his right upper arm, and baggy pants.

"I'm not going to kill you yet. I want to find out how you managed to turn my son against me. What kind of magic or tricks did you use?" he asked as he stalked towards me. "I didn't use any magic or tricks" I replied and then he grabbed my neck. "Liar!" he exclaimed while I was gasping for air. I grabbed his wrist with my flaming hand and he retracted his hand while hissing in pain. "Damn Igneel" he growled quietly, stepping back while shaking his lightly burnt arm.

I grasped my neck and coughed as I regained my breath. "I'm not lying. At first, I became his friend and then over time I showed him what love is. How love for your friends and your family makes you stronger. I love him with all my heart and I know he feels the same way about me. That's why our bond is so strong" I said to him. "Love?! My son was weakened by LOVE!" he shouted. He raised his fist at me and I quickly blocked his attack with my arm but the force of his punch threw me to the ground.

He immediately stomped over to me and grabbed my neck again before I could stand up again. Slamming my back into the cave wall. I screamed in pain from the impact and gasped for air. I raised my flaming hands to his wrist again but he grabbed both my wrists and pinned them in front of me. My flames were burning him, but he ignored the pain. In a desperate attempt to make him let me go, I lit my entire body on fire. He hissed in pain but didn't let go of my airways. "Fire Dragon..." I struggled to cast a Fire Dragon Roar from my mouth.

I was beginning to feel faint from the lack of oxygen. He smirked, "I know how I'm going to kill you and your offspring" he said, looking down at my stomach and then back to my face. "To show Natsu how pathetic love is. I'm going to kill you in front of him" he said. The fire covering my body extinguished and I struggled to stay awake. As I was fading into unconsciousness, I heard a familiar angry voice boom throughout the cave. "LET HER GO!" Natsu's voice was the last thing I heard before darkness consumed me.