Chapter 93 - I Choose You

Lucy's POV

Acnologia breathed in for a powerful breath attack. "Scatter!" Natsu shouted and everyone with an exceed flew in different directions to avoid the incoming roar. Below I saw the rest of our guildmates splitting up and running away to a safe spot. Acnologia aimed his roar toward Natsu, Happy, and me, but thanks to Happy's quick maneuvers we narrowly dodged the beam of Chaos chasing us. Natsu growled as he glared at his father.

When Acnologia stopped his roar, Natsu and Happy flew me to the ground as far away from the fight as possible. As soon as we landed, Gray and Celestia landed near us. "Lucy!" Celestia cheered as she flew over to me and hugged my chest. I hugged her back. "Stay safe" Natsu said and then gave me a quick peck on the lips before flying back into the fight. "Let's go Celestia, I'm not going to stand by and let my friends fight without me" I said and Celestia grabbed my back. "Hold on a second Lucy" Gray said and I turned to look at him. "Be careful" he said and I smiled. "I will" I said and then Celestia took me to the air.

In the distance, I saw Natsu fight Acnologia head-on with the help of the other Dragon Slayers. Other than Natsu and Kaito's attacks, everyone's attacks were barely hurting Acnologia. As I flew towards the fight, I heard my name. "Lucy!" Fairy Tail's First Master called out from the ground and I flew down to her. "Yes Mavis?" I said. "I have a plan to take down Acnologia and it involves you and Natsu" she said and then told me her whole plan. "Got it" I replied and then Cana ran over to us. "Cana, have you gathered the guild together for Fairy Sphere?" Mavis asked. "Yes, they're all ready. Are we ready to start the plan?" she asked. "Yes" Mavis replied and then we followed Cana to the rest of the guild.

They were all standing in a circle and when Cana joined in, they all held hands. Cana activated her Fairy Glitter magic and began casting the spell. Everyone began to glow a golden colour. "You know what you need to do" Mavis said to me and I nodded before flying back up into the air. I flew over to where the other Dragon Slayers and Acnologia were fighting. All the Dragon Slayers and Exceeds were looking tired. "Oi Acnologia!" I called out gaining the dragon's attention. "What are you doing Lucy?!" Natsu exclaimed, noticing I was going against our promise.

I needed to make Acnologia angry enough to follow me. "After we defeat you, I'm going to have 33 of Natsu's children!" I shouted and Natsu immediately blushed. Acnologia roared in rage and flew towards me. 'Well that got his attention' I thought as I quickly turned around and flew away from him. "Lucy!" Natsu exclaimed as he and the other Dragon Slayers followed us.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Acnologia slowly gaining on me while Natsu was gaining on Acnologia's tail. "Natsu! Stay back! I've got this!" I called out and he looked at me with worry. I gave him a firm nod to assure him and he slowly moved back away from Acnologia. I looked forward again and saw I was almost at the trap. As soon as I flew over my ring of guildmates, they activated Fairy Sphere. A golden magic sphere with the Fairy Tail insignia appeared around Acnologia. He roared in rage as he punched and slapped his tail against the sphere. Natsu immediately flew over to me. "Are you alright?" he asked, with a hint of worry as he grasped my hand. "I'm alright. Mavis has a plan to defeat Acnologia and I need your help" I said and he had a slight look of surprise on his face. "This won't trap me forever!" Acnologia roared as he continued to fight against the sphere. "Hurry we don't have much time" I said, noticing our guildmates struggling to keep the spell up.

I pulled Natsu with me to the ground next to Mavis. "Natsu, I know this is a big ask but we need your help to defeat Acnologia once and for all. You know he won't stop hunting Lucy and your unborn child. Will you help us?" Mavis asked. It was a big decision for Natsu. He would be helping me kill Acnologia, his dragon father. I'm sure he wasn't hoping for this ending, but we have no other choice. Acnologia wasn't going to change his mind about me or humans, and he could take that out on other cities. It would be a mass extermination.

"Whatever you choose, I'll stand by you" I said. Natsu tightened his grasp on my hand. "What do you need me to do?" he asked with determination. "Really Natsu? You know this means you'll lose your father" I said, making sure he was confident with his choice. His eyes softened as he turned to look at me. "I know but I choose you and our unborn child" he said and my heart fluttered. "We need you both to create a Unison Raid. With your Chaos Dragon King and Fire Dragon Queen magic, you both have a higher chance of hurting Acnologia" Mavis explained.

The other Dragon Slayers landed beside us and Kaito stepped forward. "In that case, use my Water Dragon King power to help take him down" he said, opening his palm. As he glowed blue, a stream of blue magic with a dragon-like face flew towards me. When it hit me, I felt his power flow through me. "Mine too" Gajeel and Wendy said, glowing grey and light blue, and sending their magic to me. "Use ours Natsu" Sting and Rogue said, glowing white and black, and sent their magic to Natsu. I felt extra powerful with the other Dragon Slayers' magic and I'm sure Natsu was feeling the same. With our friend's power combined with our own, I was confident we could take down Acnologia.