Chapter 71 - Diamond Dragon

Lucy's POV

My whole body felt tired as if all my muscles were made of lead. "Lucy...Lucy!" I heard someone calling my name. Slowly that weight lifted, and I managed to open my eyes. I wondered where I was. My eyes scanned my surrounding and noticed I was in a giant glass bubble. "Lucy!" I heard the voice again and immediately recognised it as Celestia. My head whipped in her direction ahead of me and found her outside the bubble, being held captive by Nobu. They were a few metres below the bubble I was in, standing on solid ground. She had a worried expression across her face. He held her by the back of her neck. I jumped to my feet and hit my fists into the glass.

"Celestia! Let her go!" I demanded. "As long as you behave, she'll be unharmed" Nobu replied. "What do you want with us?" I asked. "You're an important part of my plan for taking over Earthland" he replied. "How?" I questioned and then took another look at my surroundings. I noticed the bubble I was in was connected to the chest of a giant dragon made out of the hardest material in Earthland, Diamond. "Your dragon slayer magic is going to power my creature" he answered. He's going to use me as a power source?!

"Speaking of which, let's power up my creation" he said and clicked his fingers. As soon as he clicked his fingers, I began to float within the bubble and my arms and legs were spread apart forcefully by magic. Magic runes wrapped around my entire body and the bubble began to glow an orange colour. I began to feel my magic being sucked out of my body, making me feel both physically and magically weak. The dragon began to move its joints as it fed on my magic and then let out a loud roar. "Lucy!" Celestia cried in worry.

The dragon began to stand and extend its wings. With a single flap of its wings, the dragon and I were lifted into the air before it began to fly towards the low ceiling. The dragon burst through the ceiling without any resistance which turned out to be the ground. As the dragon burst out of the ground, I saw Natsu standing a few meters ahead with his dragon charm in his hand and an on-guard expression. He noticed the position I was in and let out a deep growl.

"Save...Celestia" I weakly spoke before the dragon began to fly over him. Even though my voice was weak and quiet, I was sure that Natsu heard it with his enhanced hearing. I'd rather he save Celestia before trying to save me. Hopefully, I can figure out a way to get out of here before the dragon causes any major damage.

After a few minutes of flying, I spotted Era and the Magic Council building in the distance. Beside me, Nobu and Nightmare were riding a giant monster snake made entirely of water. I dreaded the thought of the dragon using my power to attack the innocent lives in Era and the Magic Council.

I fought against my restraints and tried to contain my magic inside my body. Hoping it would shut down the dragon but the more I struggled the more I felt my energy and magic drain. "Your resistance is futile. My dragon will keep you in a weak state until we've completed our objective. There's nothing you can do so relax and let the chaos happen" Nobu said beside me. I growled angrily at his words. Does he really think I'm going to sit back and watch innocent people getting killed for his 'cause'. No way! Unfortunately, I won't be able to manage to get out of this prison without help. I hope Natsu can save Celestia and quickly come to my aid.

Soon we reached the city and we were faced with a large army of Rune Knights. "Is that a dragon?!" one of the nearby citizens screamed before they all fled as fast as they could. On Nobu's command, the giant snake he was riding on and the dragon both began to attack. The Rune Knights cast a large light blue defensive magic circle over themselves as the dragon used my magic to let out a fiery breath. As soon as the breath attack stopped, the Rune Knights began to attack using offensive spells, but each spell bounced off the dragon's skin like it was nothing. With a swipe from the dragon's claw, it knocked out a large group of knights.

As the water snake was fighting, Nobu jumped onto the back of the dragon. "I'll let you handle the small fry" Nobu said to Nightmare. "You got it" Nightmare replied and then used his magic to terrify a group of Rune Knights. Nobu snapped his fingers and the giant water snake split into seven large snakes. Each snake either fought against a group of Rune Knights or began to destroy the city. "No!" I shouted as I watched the citizens running away and getting hurt by the water snakes. I struggled against my restraints once more and again I felt my energy and magic draining. The dragon flapped its wings and took flight. It flew over the Rune Knights and headed towards the Magic Council.