Chapter 3 - Fairy Tail

Lucy's POV

"This is called kidnapping you know?!" I shouted while struggling in his strong grip. We were walking through the forest to who knows where. Correction, I was being carried like a sack of potatoes by Natsu through the forest to who knows where. "Shut up Blondie" Natsu growled, "excuse me my name is Lucy, not Blondie" I complained. "Wow, Natsu called you Blondie!" Happy exclaimed. "What is that supposed to mean?" I asked grumpily. "You must be special. Natsu usually calls girls 'woman'" Happy explained. Huh? "Happy" Natsu warned coldly, "oops I said too much hehe" Happy snickered before flying in front of us.

I groaned as I accepted my fate that I will have to go to wherever Natsu and Happy are taking me to. "So, where are we going anyway?" I asked. I might as well know where they are taking me. "To Magnolia where our guild is" Happy replied as he flew behind Natsu to talk to me. When he said 'guild' it piqued my interest. "Guild? Which one?" I asked, curious about which guild they are from. I hoped it isn't a dark one. "Fairy Tail" he replied happily. "Fairy Tail?! You're Fairy Tail wizards?!" I exclaimed in delight and then Natsu stopped walking. I could feel him turning his head, curious about my reaction.

"You've heard of our guild?" Happy asked. "I've been reading about Fairy Tail in Sorcerer Weekly and I've been trying to find Fairy Tail so I could join" I explained. Out of nowhere, Natsu dropped me. "Ow...What was that for?!" I shouted at him. He ignored me and walked ahead. I stood up and rubbed my sore butt. Natsu stopped walking a few metres away and turned to look at me. "Keep up Blondie" he said before continuing walking. I smiled brightly and then ran to catch up to him with Happy flying beside me. 'I'm going to get into Fairy Tail!' I thought in glee. Fate was on my side.

We walked until the next morning which I didn't mind since my excitement kept me awake all night. It would've been faster to take a train but I get motion sickness if I ride any vehicle. I wonder if Natsu has the same problem? Anyway, during the whole trip, Happy told me about all their adventures together. Apparently, most of the shenanigans that Sorcerer Weekly wrote about Fairy Tail were caused by Natsu.

"Oh look, we're here" Happy said and I looked down the hill to see Magnolia. I was amazed at how big and beautiful Magnolia was. "Lucy, do you see that big building near the ocean?" Happy asked me and I saw the building he was talking about. "Yeah" I replied, "that's Fairy Tail" he told me. I squealed a little bit. My dream of joining Fairy Tail was almost coming true. I noticed Natsu had wandered off ahead of us without caring that he left us behind. "Hey wait up Natsu!" I complained and then ran after him with Happy. He took no notice of me but I didn't care. I was too excited.

While we walked through the city, I noticed the people keeping their distance from us and staring at us. "Is this normal?" I whispered to Happy. "Yeah, everyone is scared of Natsu" Happy replied. "Who is that girl with Chaos?" I heard a guy whisper to his friend with my Dragon Slayer Hearing. "I don't know but she's hot" the other guy whispered back. I ignored them because I know I'm hot and continued walking behind Natsu.

I noticed two kids, a little raven-haired boy and a little brunette girl, chasing each other ahead of us. The little boy was chasing the little girl until she accidentally bumped into Natsu and fell on her butt. Everyone around us gasped in fear. She looked up at who she bumped into and then looked up at Natsu with fear. The little boy fell to his knees beside her and hugged her as she began to cry. I totally ship them. Natsu growled and then I walked in front of him.

Ignoring his presence, I kneeled in front of the children and gave them a big smile. "Are you ok?" I asked the little girl. She looked up at me from the boy's arms nervously and then nodded. "My name is Lucy. What's your name?" I asked, "Emma" she replied with a smile. "And who's your friend?" I asked looking at the little boy. "Noah" he replied with a smile. Noma is my ship name for them! Natsu growled which I took as a signal that we needed to keep going. "I better go. Bye Emma. Bye Noah" I said before standing up and walking with Natsu and Happy ahead. "Bye Lucy!" they waved and I waved back as I walked.

When we reached the Fairy Tail guild, I looked up at the guild amazed. 'I'm really here!' I internally squealed. Natsu walked into the building, ignoring my state of amazement. Happy and I followed him inside and as soon as we entered, everyone inside went quiet as they stared at Natsu. 'Why did it go quiet all of a sudden?' I wondered as I looked around the guild. Natsu ignored their stares and walked up the stairs to the second floor. I was about to follow him but Happy stopped me. "The second floor is only for S-Class wizards. Come with me to meet Gramps" he said. "Gramps?" I asked, "yeah he's the master of this guild. His full name is Makarov Dreyer but we call him Gramps because he's like a grandpa to all of us," he explained and I nodded my head in understanding.

I followed Happy to the bar where a short elderly man sat on the counter. "Gramps, Lucy wants to join Fairy Tail" Happy told the elderly man which I was surprised that this little man is the master of this big guild. "A new recruit eh?" the master said, "yes sir, my name is Lucy Heartfilia and I would like to join Fairy Tail" I replied politely. 'I really hope he lets me join. Fairy Tail is my dream guild' I thought. "Well, welcome to the guild Lucy! You can call me Gramps" he said happily and I internally squealed with happiness.

"We have a new member?! Lets party!" someone shouted and everyone cheered. They began to drink and party. I knew I was going to love it here. "Mira" Gramps called out and Mirajane came over from behind the bar. "Yes Master?" she replied. "Oh my gosh, it's Mirajane in the flesh!" I squealed and Mirajane giggled. "Can you please give Lucy here her guild mark?" Gramps asked, "of course. It's nice to meet you Lucy. Follow me" she said and I followed her to the other side of the bar. She pulled out a stamp from under the counter. "Where and what colour would you like it?" she asked sweetly.

I thought about it carefully. I wanted it to be memorable and that's when I remembered Natsu's hair. He's the one who brought me to Fairy Tail and my favourite colour is pink so my guild mark should be pink. Now for the spot, my right hand was the first thing Natsu grabbed before throwing me over his shoulder and kidnapping me so... 

"I want it pink on my right hand please" I replied as I put my right hand on the bar counter. She smiled as she stamped my hand. When she removed the stamp, there was a pink Fairy Tail insignia on my hand. I finally joined my dream guild!