Chapter 7 - Rapier

Lucy's POV

We've been on the train for only ten minutes and I already have half my body sticking out of the train window. "Lucy what are you doing?! You're going to fall out!" Happy exclaimed with worry. "Planning on it" I replied sickly while trying to keep my breakfast in my stomach. I wondered how Natsu was dealing with motion sickness. I looked over my shoulder slightly and saw him with a straight face and eyes closed but I notice he was a tad green in the face. Even Natsu can't handle motion sickness.

After the hour train ride, we finally arrived at our stop Oshibana. Luckily, we can walk the rest of the way to Rapier. "Man I'm starving. I lost all my breakfast from that train ride" I said while rubbing my hungry stomach. "Why didn't you tell us you have motion sickness before we got on the train?" Gray asked. "I thought you knew since you have two other Dragon Slayers in your guild" I replied. "Laxus and Chaos always go on jobs with their teammates so we never see this side of them, but it's nice to know Chaos has a weakness" he replied and then directed a smirk towards Natsu. Natsu growled and glared threateningly at him but Gray glared back.

It took us three hours to walk to Rapier but I didn't mind since I didn't have to get into another vehicle. From what I've read, Rapier is known for having the best blacksmiths in all of Fiore. According to the job request, the mayor was the one who requested our help so we headed towards the mayor's house. As we were walking through Rapier, we saw three men threatening a woman around our age down the road. "Come on girl, play with us" the first man said while grossly licking his lips and grabbing her wrist. The other two chuckled behind him. "Let me go!" the woman screamed and tried to pull her arm away from him but failed. Without hesitation, I ran to help her.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" I shouted which gained their attention. The first man smirked at the sight of me and let go of the woman. The woman took the opportunity to run. "Look boys, Blondie wants to play" he said while looking up and down my body. I ignited my fist and their eyes widened. "She's a fire wizard? Her magic isn't the only thing hot about her" the second man joked and the other two laughed. "I suggest you leave before this gets ugly" Gray threatened as my team backed me up. Gray had lost his shirt at one point which is apparently no surprise. The third look shocked as he looked at us. "I know those insignias. They're from Fairy Tail!" he exclaimed and then he looked at Natsu. "They've brought Chaos! Run!" he shouted scared before running away. Natsu growled and the other two followed their friend's lead, running to who knows where.

As I extinguished my fist, the woman we saved walked up to us. "Um excuse me?" she said gaining our attention. She had wavy chocolate brown hair and emerald green eyes. She faced me and bowed her head. "Thank you so much for saving me. How can I repay you?" she asked. "It was nothing don't worry about it but could you tell us what you know about the dark guild that's been terrorising your town?" I replied and the woman nodded. "Those three men you just scared off were a part of the dark guild called 'Bloody Sphinx'. Every day they would send groups of men to our town to search for something. No one knows what they're looking for and that's all I know" she said. "Thank you for your help" I said and she smiled.

We continued walking until we arrived at the mayor's house. I knocked on the door three times and then a short man with dark purple hair opened the door. "Y-Yes, how may I help you?" he said shivering in fear. 'He's really scared of this dark guild' I thought, observing the mayor's behaviour. He noticed Erza and stopped shivering. "Erza! Thank goodness you're here! Please quickly come in with your friends" he said as he opened the door wide for us.

We entered his house and gathered in his lounge room. "Please take a seat" the mayor said as he gestured to the long couch. Erza and I sat down across from the mayor while Natsu and Gray stood behind our couch. Happy decided to sit comfortably in my lap. "So Mr Claymore, according to our information you are being terrorised by 'Bloody Sphinx', am I correct?" Erza spoke up first. "You are quite right. They have been terrorising my town every day for the last week looking for something. They threatened me not to contact an official guild but I couldn't stand by and watch my townspeople suffer under their tyranny" the mayor, Mr Claymore, explained.

"That was very brave of you Mr Claymore. Do you remember hearing anything about what they might be searching for?" I asked. Mr Claymore paused to think, "well when they first came here they did interrogate me. They demanded to know where the 'White Lily' was" he replied and I went pale. "Is something wrong Lucy?" Gray asked as they noticed my feared expression. "I've read about the 'White Lily' before. It was made by the Black Wizard Zeref about four hundred years ago and it is poison magic. If it fell into the hands of any dark guild then it would be extremely dangerous" I explained. "Well we better find it and beat that dark guild quickly" Gray said with his arms crossed.

"Oi Chaos! Get out here!" we heard a man shout outside. Natsu growled and stomped over to the front door. Erza, Gray and Happy followed after him. "Ah! They're gonna kill me!" Mr Claymore screamed and curled up into a ball in his seat with his hands covering his head. "Don't worry Mr Claymore. We'll handle this" I said to reassure him and then walked over to the front door. "Time to kick some butt" I said with a smirk.