Chapter 24 - Not So Secret Back Injury

Lucy's POV

This whole throwing me over Natsu's shoulder is somehow becoming a strange habit. "Ah Natsu? Can you put me down now?" I asked but he growled back. 'I'll take that as a no' I thought. Even though it's embarrassing for Natsu to be carrying me this way, the pain from my back has lessened. I don't want my friends finding out and worrying about me.

"Oi Chaos! What do you think you're doing?!" Gray shouted as he caught up to us with Erza. "What happened back there, Chaos?" Erza asked calmly. Natsu stopped for a moment before putting me down on my feet. Without a word, he walked around behind me and then grasped my shoulders. I stood there confused what he was trying to do until he spun me around, so my back was facing them. Gray and Erza gasped, and I didn't understand what was going on.

"You idiot!" Erza shouted while grabbing my shoulders and spinning me back around to face her. "Why did you try to fight Sting when you have such a bad injury?!" she shouted. Oh no they found out. "Sorry Ma'am!" I squeaked and trembled under her grip. "I agree, why didn't you say anything?" Gray said with crossed arms and Erza let me go. "I didn't want to worry you guys" I replied while looking away and rubbing my arm. "We're your friends Lucy. If you're in pain, you can come to us" Erza said with a kind expression. "I'm sorry guys" I replied. 'Dad, I've got amazing friends' I thought with a small smile.

"NNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAATSSSSSSSUUUUUU!" we heard Happy shout before colliding into Natsu's chest. "You big meanie! You threw me halfway across the forest!" he shouted while punching Natsu's chest. None of Happy's punches affected Natsu as he just stood there taking them. 'Those two are cute together' I thought as my smile grew. "Come on Happy. I'm sure Natsu will apologise by giving you a big fish when we get back to the guild. How does that sound?" I said, and his eyes light up like stars. "No" Natsu growled immediately but Happy ignored him. "Yay, Natsu gonna buy me a big fishy!" Happy cheered. I giggled at Happy's excitement until Natsu threw me over his shoulder again.

"Hey!" I complained and then he started walking. "Just let him carry you. We don't want you to hurt yourself more than you already are" Gray said while he and Erza followed behind us. I couldn't believe Gray and Erza were siding with Natsu. I sighed and just accepted my situation.

After walking through the forest and taking the train, we reached Magnolia the next day. Luckily, Natsu didn't try to pick me up again once we got off the train. "I'm glad this job is over, and I hope I never see that Light Jerk again" I said as we walked through the familiar streets while stretching my arms up above my head. "Unfortunately, our paths will cross with them one way or another" Erza said. "Can't I wish?" I pouted, "oh come on Lucy. Wouldn't you want to see him again so you can have that match?" Gray joked. "Oh yeah! He's gonna regret crossing paths with me" I smirked and chuckled. "Lucy is weird" Happy whispered to Natsu who nodded. "Hey! I heard you, you stupid cat!" I shouted.

When we reached the guild, we cheered from the doorway "we're back!" Everyone turned their attention to us and replied, "welcome back!" "How did it go?" Gramps asked from his seat on the bar counter. "We managed to retrieve the book and take down the Hydra Heads" Erza explained. "Good, I'm glad you have all returned safely" Gramps replied.

Suddenly Natsu, who was standing beside me, growled behind us for some reason. "Gihi" I heard a familiar chuckle and then whipped my body around to see Gajeel. "Gajeel!" I cheered as I jumped and gave him a hug. He spun me around once and then put me back on my feet. "Juvia is happy to see you Lucy" I heard Juvia say in third person and saw her and black exceed standing behind Gajeel. "Juvia!" I cheered just before I hugged her.

"You must be Lucy, I've heard a lot about you from Gajeel and Juvia. I'm Panther Lily" the black exceed greeted holding out his paw for a handshake. "Nice to finally meet you, Panther Lily. Gajeel has told me a lot about you as well" I greeted back and shook his paw.

"Could you introduce us to your friends Lucy?" Erza asked. "Oh yeah. This is Gajeel Redfox the Iron Dragon Slayer and his exceed Panther Lily. And this is Juvia Lockser who uses water magic" I introduced as I pointed to said people. "Gajeel, Juvia, Panther Lily, these are my new friends and team. Erza Scarlet, Gray Fullbuster, Natsu Dragneel and Happy" I continued, pointing to said people.

I noticed Juvia was standing frozen while staring at Gray. "Ah Juvia?" I called while waving my hand in front of her face and then she snapped out of her trance. A blush rose to her pale cheeks as she looked down to the ground. 'Oh my goodness! Did Juvia just develop a crush on Gray?! They would be so cute together! Water and Ice are perfect. I need to think of a ship name! Maybe Gruvia? Yep it's perfect!' I thought with delight.

"Sorry to interrupt the introductions but I think you should go to the infirmary to get that nasty bruise patched up Lucy" Gray spoke up. I sighed, now Gajeel, Juvia and Panther Lily know about the injury too. Gajeel looked at the bruise on my back and then joked "still pushing yourself too hard Salamander? Gihi." "Yeah" I replied and giggled. "I'll tell you the story later" I added before heading to the infirmary.

"Excuse me? Is Lucy here?" a small female voice spoke up from the guild doors. I stopped in my tracks, recognising the voice. Everyone turned their attention to the small girl with dark blue hair, tied in two ponytails. "Wendy!" I cheered and then ran to her to give her a big hug. "Lucy!" she cheered and ran to me to meet me halfway for the hug. "I'm so happy to see you. How did you know I would be here?" I asked as we hugged. "I've been looking for you since last time we saw each other. I overheard some people talking about a Fire Dragon Slayer who joined Fairy Tail and I remembered how you wanted to join a guild so I knew it was you" she replied.

"You have a lot of friends Lucy" Gray commented as Wendy and I broke our hug. "Yeah, I meet a lot of people through my travels" I replied. "So who's this?" Erza asked. "This is Wendy Marvel, the Sky Dragon Slayer" I introduced. "ANOTHER DRAGON SLAYER!" the whole guild, except all the Dragon Slayers, exclaimed. "Is that bad?" Wendy asked worriedly. "No, Fairy Tail has four Dragon Slayers and if you want to join, you can be the fifth?" I offered. "I need to talk to Carla first, but I'm sure she'll be ok with it" Wendy replied. "Who's Carla?" I asked, I haven't met Carla before.

"What have I said about running off child?" a white exceed in a reddish dress with a red bow tied on the end of the tail, flew into the guild. "Sorry Carla but I was excited to see Lucy" Wendy replied and pointed at me. "So you're the Lucy I've heard so much about. My name is Carla, it's nice to meet you" Carla greeted politely with a slight bow towards me. "It's nice to meet you too Carla" I replied. Wow, I met another exceed today.

Suddenly I felt someone clinging onto my boot and looked down to see it was Happy. "Hey Lucy, can you go and give that vision a fish for me?" he asked, desperately. "You can do it yourself" I replied. 'This would be the perfect time to tease him back!' I thought excitedly. "You loooove~ her" I teased. "Hey that's my joke and it's creepy when you do it!" he shouted. "What did you say cat?" I growled as I bent down and pulled his cheeks. "Um, Lucy?" Wendy spoke up. I let go of Happy's cheeks and turned my attention to her. "We would like to join Fairy Tail if you'll have us" Wendy said with a small smile. "Let's party!" Gramps cheered and everyone else cheered.