Chapter 94 - My Family

Lucy's POV

Natsu held out his hand to me and without hesitation I grasped it. He then pulled me closer to him. "Are you ready?" I asked one more time since we were about to kill his dragon father after all. He glanced at his raging father for a second and clenched his jaw before looking deep into my eyes. After a moment, he smiled at me and put his hand on my cheek. "I'm ready" he said and then lowered his hand.

We turned towards Acnologia and stood side by side with our hands entwined. Natsu gave Mavis a firm nod. "Alright everyone, bring down Fairy Sphere on the count of 3!" Mavis called out to our guildmates. "1" she started counting. "Chaos Dragon" Natsu chanted and then breathed in. "2" Mavis continued to count. "Fire Dragon" I chanted and breathed in. "3!" she shouted, and then Cana and our guildmates dropped Fairy Sphere. "Unison Raid: Elemental Dragon Roar!" Natsu and I chanted together and let out a roar simultaneously. Our fire and chaos roars combined into a swirling cyclone of magic with a rainbow of our friends' magic circulating around it.

As soon as Fairy Sphere dropped, Acnologia turned to attack us with a roar but was pierced through the heart by our unison raid. Acnologia roared in agony and was pushed back before crashing to the ground. We waited for the dust to settle to make sure he wouldn't get up. After a moment of no movement, Natsu sighed in relief, and I thought I noticed a trace of sadness in his eyes. Our friends cheered in celebration around us, but I was focused on Natsu who was focused on Acnologia's body.

"Go, take a moment. I'll wait for you here" I said to him as I gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. He looked down at me with slight hesitation and then pulled me in for a kiss. I kissed him back and then after a short moment, he pulled away. I watched him walk over to Acnologia's body, staring at his back. "He'll be alright. He knows he made the right choice" Happy said as he flew over to me. "I know but it's still hard to lose a parent" I replied without taking my eyes off Natsu. He spoke a few words that I couldn't hear while glaring at Acnologia's body before walking back.

When he reached me, he wrapped his arms around my waist in a hug which I happily returned by wrapping my arms around his shoulders. "My family" he lightly growled with his head in the crook of my neck while tightening his hold on me. I smiled and rubbed small circles around his back. Happy and Celestia came over and happily joined in the hug. I love my family so much.

After everything calmed down, we left Acnologia's body to the Magic Council and returned to the guild. Everyone began to party on our win. "Thank you for helping out. I guess we're even now" I said to Sting and Rogue as we stood at the front door. "No worries. If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to call us" Sting replied. "Same here" I replied and then I felt arms wrap around my stomach from behind. I knew exactly who these arms belonged to. "Mine" Natsu growled as he rested his head on my shoulder. "Ah, catch you later Lucy" Sting quickly said then he left with Rogue, who waved nervously. Lector and Frosch followed next to them.

I lightly sighed as I rested my arms on top of Natsu's and leaned back against his chest. "Did you have to scare them? They said sorry for the mating season incident, and they did help us with Acnologia" I said. "Yes. I must protect you and our unborn child. Pregnancy is dangerous" he replied. "And who told you that?" I asked, wondering where he got this information. "Levy" he replied and I turned to look at her. She was sitting at a nearby table next to Gajeel and Panther Lily, reading a pregnancy book. She looked up from her book at the mention of her name.

"I did not tell him that. He wanted to know more about your pregnancy. So, I said you'll be more vulnerable the next few months while you go through the pregnancy symptoms, and to not stress you out during that time" she said. Now I see where Natsu got confused. Acnologia never told him anything about a female pregnancy or how to deal with it. So, it's easy for him to misunderstand and kick his protective instincts into gear. "So I have another nine months of this?" I asked with a sigh to no one in particular. "Gihi good luck Bunny Girl" Gajeel chuckled and then Natsu growled at him.

I lightly tapped Natsu's hand on my stomach, pulling his attention onto me instead of starting a fight with Gajeel. "I'm tired, especially after today's events. Can you let Happy and Celestia know we're going home?" I asked, trying to avoid a fight between Natsu and Gajeel. Natsu listened and nodded his head before walking away to look for Happy and Celestia.

"You've got your hands full with him gihi" Gajeel said as he walked over to me. I giggled, "I could say the same to Levy" I teased. "I'm nothing like Natsu" he denied with his arms crossed. Behind him, I noticed Jet and Droy walking over to talk to Levy. I inwardly smirked. "Are you sure about that?" I said while pointing behind him at Levy talking to Jet and Droy. Gajeel turned around and growled at the sight. "Mine" he growled and then stomped over to his woman. I giggled and then Natsu came back with Happy and Celestia. "What are you giggling about Lucy?" Happy asked as he flew over, while Natsu raised his eyebrow. "Nothing" I smiled and then we said bye to our friends before walking out of the guild.