Chapter 5 - Ice Demon Slayer

Lucy's POV

Ah, I feel so fired up! I haven't had a good fight in ages! I had a skip in my step as we were walking through the forest towards Magnolia. "Hey Lucy?" Happy spoke up, "yes Happy?" I replied. "There's something I don't understand. How did you defeat that volcano monster with your fire?" he asked. "Well my fire isn't like any normal fire. A Fire Dragon's flame can destroy anything it touches including steel. Plus, Igneel isn't just any old dragon, he's the Fire Dragon King" I explained with a smug grin on my face. "Wow...You've got a weird smile Lucy" Happy teased, "SHUT UP CAT!" I shouted. Natsu seemed uninterested in our conversation as he walked ahead of us but I knew he was secretly listening.

A sudden rustle in the bushes ahead stopped us from walking further. Natsu growled and jumped into the bushes. A moment later, a figure got punched out of the bushes and it turned out to be Gray! Not only that but he was completely naked! He stood back up in a fighting position towards Natsu. "Gray, why are you naked?!" I screamed before covering my eyes with my hands. "I was trying to go to the bathroom before Chaos jumped me" Gray said angrily and then I heard Natsu growl. "Put some clothes on Gray" Happy said and then I heard a bit of rustling. "You can open your eyes" Happy said and when I opened my eyes, I saw Gray was fully dressed. I sighed in relief but then saw Natsu and Gray glaring at each other.

A weird black marking appeared on the right side of Gray's body and his hair slicked back on its own. "You might want to stand back Lucy" Happy whispered and we took a few steps back. Both boys leapt at each other with the intent to fight. Gray swung the first punch which Natsu blocked with his forearm. Natsu grabbed Gray's wrist with his other hand and then threw Gray over his shoulder to the ground. Gray rolled away from Natsu before standing up and putting his hands together. "Ice-Make: Geyser!" he chanted as he slammed his hands to the ground. Natsu quickly leapt out of the way as purple coloured ice burst out of the ground where he once stood.

"Tsk, Chaos Dragon Roar!" Natsu chanted and a roar of dark navy blue flames came out of his mouth. "Ice Devil Rage!" Gray chanted and a beam of cold air, ice and snow came out of his mouth. As soon as both magic collided with each other a massive explosion happened. I quickly grabbed Happy and shielded him with my body so he didn't get hurt. When the dust cleared, both boys were still standing.

"What kind of magic is that?" I asked no one in particular. "Gray's an ice wizard but he's also an Ice Demon Slayer" Happy explained. "I didn't know there were Demon Slayers" I said as I watched the boys fight. "They're going to be a while. Want to go fishing?" Happy asked calmly and was about to fly off. By Happy's tone, I guessed they do this regularly. "Hang on, shouldn't we stop them?" I asked stopping him from flying any further. "I usually wait it out. Erza, Gramps and Gildarts are the only ones who can stop them. Come on" he replied. I shrugged and followed Happy because I'm hungry from fighting that volcano monster.

Happy lead me to a cliff and took out a fishing pole from his green bag. "I heard this is the best spot for fishing Winged Fish" he said as he threw his line down the cliff. I sat next to him on the edge and looked down to see multiple Winged Fish flying near the bottom of the cliff. They had a dark blue body, light blue fins, a yellow head, red lips and yellow wings. "I can fly!" "You can fly!" "Can you fly?" they sung from below us. "Have you ever tried them before?" I asked. "No but they are a legendary delicacy and delicious from what I've heard" he said excitedly. I noticed he was drooling a bit. "Alright lets catch some Winged Fish Happy!" I said with determination. "Aye!" he replied with equal determination.

Two hours later, we were only able to catch one Winged Fish. "I can't believe we could only catch a single fish" I said as we looked at the Winged Fish we caught. "Lets split it ok?" Happy said and I agreed. We broke the fish in half, Happy got the head and I got the tail. I cooked my half with my flames. "Three...Two...One" we counted down and then took a bite. The taste of boiled garbage exploded in my mouth. "GROSS!" we exclaimed and then spat out the fish. I'm never eating that again!

"How about we see if Natsu and Gray have finished their fight?" I suggested. I really want to get home and wash my mouth out with soap to get rid of the taste. "Aye and lets not mention this to anyone" Happy replied and I nodded in agreement. When we came back to where we last saw the boys, they were still fighting and they've destroyed everything in a one mile radius.

I sighed, "I've had enough of this" I said and slammed my hand onto the ground. A wall of fire raised between them. Both boys backed away from the fire wall and turned to look at me. "That's enough you two. We need to keep moving. We don't have all day to watch you two fight" I said as I took down the fire wall. Gray's markings disappeared and both boys crossed their arms in a huff. I walked in between and passed them while ignoring their gaze on me, heading towards Magnolia. I could hear their footsteps following behind me.

Gray sped up so he was walking next to me. "You're the new girl Lucy right? What are you doing with Chaos?" Gray asked as we walked. "Well I was going on a job to hunt a volcano monster and Natsu and Happy decided to join me" I replied. "Chaos 'joined'?" he said in disbelief and looked over his shoulder at Natsu. I heard Natsu growl and then Gray turned his head back straight. "Yeah, what's wrong with that?" I asked. "Chaos never joins a job. Weren't you scared of him?" he asked. "No, I actually didn't mind him and Happy joining. I liked their company" I said and walked ahead of him, leaving him stunned.