Chapter 98 - A Beautiful Sight

Natsu's POV

It's finally the day, the day I marry Lucy in human marriage and this navy suit under my cloak was super uncomfortable. I was standing under a flowered archway at the end of the aisle in the rainbow cherry blossom grove. Our audience was all our friends both from Fairy Tail and surrounding guilds. We've been planning this day for a whole year. Technically Lucy did most of the planning though. I didn't care about the details as long as Lucy got her dream wedding.

Apparently, I have to stand with my back to the aisle until I'm told but I was getting so bored and irritated. I just want this wedding to be over and my family in my arms. The music started signalling that the bride is walking down the aisle. I couldn't wait anymore and turned around before my cue. My breath hitched when I saw my beautiful bride walking towards me in a white dress. The sight of her made me breathless and it felt like time slowed down around me. She wore an A-line dress with a sweetheart neckline and her hair was up. In her hands was a bouquet of red and dark blue roses wrapped in white ribbon. 'She's beautiful' was the only thought that could pass through my brain.

She smiled at me and focused on me like I was the only man on earth. My heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest the closer she came towards me. I never imagined standing here and getting married. In the front row, sitting on Levy's lap, Nashi cooed excitedly at the sight of her mother when she stood in front of me.

The old man said some ceremonial words but I ignored most of it because I was focused on the most beautiful bride in front of me. "Natsu, do you take Lucy Heartfilia-" "yes" I interrupted the old man. He coughed and then turned to Lucy. "Lucy, do you take Natsu Dragneel as your lawfully wedded husband?" he asked. "I do" Lucy replied more formally and then smiled at me. I could clearly see this was one of the best days of her life. "You may now kiss-" I couldn't wait any longer. I quickly pulled Lucy into my arms for a passionate kiss. Everyone cheered as Lucy kissed me back. 'Finally' I thought we pulled away and stared into each other's eyes.

The rest of the day became rowdy as our friends began to party well into the night. While our friends were busy eating and drinking merrily at our reception. I pulled Lucy away from the party and trusted Levy to babysit Nashi. Time to get some alone time with my mate and now wife.