Chapter 66 - Weak Spot

Natsu's POV

"It's eye is fire-proof?!" Lucy exclaimed before flying underneath an incoming punch from the monster. She flew down to hover beside me. "Did you have any luck hurting it?" she asked. "I barely broke the skin" I replied. She hummed in thought while analysing the monster. I could see her eyes scanning for any possible weaknesses in the monster's defensive skin. It entertains me to watch her like this on the battlefield.

Her eyes widened when she had a realisation. "There! The deep cracks around it's body. Aim your attacks at them while I distract the monster. My attacks might not be as effective, but I can still keep it's attention away from the town" she said. As soon as I nodded in agreement, she flew up to the monster's eye level. "Hey ugly!" she insulted the monster and I looked at her dumbfounded. 'Did she just insult the monster?' I thought, not understanding the effectiveness of insulting the monster. It probably doesn't even understand our language.

As expected, the monster ignored her and kept it's attention on the town. "Don't ignore me you dumb monster! Fire Dragon Roar!" she shouted and roared a large flame out her mouth. The roar hit the monster's face and turned it's attention to her. 'That works' I thought and then focused on my own task. Attack all the cracks around the monster's body.

"Let's go Happy" I said and prepared to fight. "Aye sir" Happy said cheerfully. I ignited my fist with my black chaos flames as we took flight. My plan of attack was to hit each crack until I found a weak spot. Once I've found it, I'll keep attacking that spot until I can take it down or at least cripple it.

Punch after punch, I barely made a dent in it's hard skin. Next, I decided to attack in the riskiest spot, the chest. Where the monster could easily see me and swat me. I aimed for the massive crack across it's chest while swiftly dodging the monster's hand trying to hit me. "Chaos Dragon Iron Fist!" I chanted before I punched the crack. As my punch landed, a large chunk of the monster's body fell to the ground and the monster yelled in pain. Finally! I found a weak spot.

"Natsu, Happy, watch out!" we heard Lucy call out and we quickly flew backwards to avoid the oncoming hand aiming to swat us out of the sky. I gathered a large ball of black flames in my hands. "Chaos Dragon Power of Mayhem!" I chanted and then threw the large chaos ball at the crack. A larger chunk of the monster fell to the ground and another scream of pain came from the monster. "Attack here!" I shouted to Lucy and she smiled. "Great job Natsu!" she called back and pride filled my entire body.

With our newly found confidence, we took turns attacking the weak point while avoiding the monster's defences. Since the first hit, the monster had become enraged and it's eye began to glow a bright red hue. Each punch flew towards us faster with the intent to kill. Looks like we've really angered the monster. Every one of my attacks was making the crack larger while Lucy's attacks were less effective but still causing some damage.

"Fire Dragon Roar!" Lucy roared at the crack. "Chaos Dragon Roar!" I combined my roar with hers to deal more damage. Our combined roars gave us the desired effect. The roars chipped away another huge chunk of the monster's chest and exposed a large ball of red, orange, and yellow flames. 'Looks like we found it's soul' I thought then three familiar scents and one unfamiliar scent crossed my nose. I wasn't the only one who noticed their scents. Lucy sniffed twice and then turned her head away from me in the direction of the scents.

"What's wrong?" Happy asked me but I ignored him when I noticed the monster's hand coming toward Lucy and Celestia. "Lucy!" I shouted but it was too late. They turned around, only to be slapped by the monster's hand and began to fall out of the sky. As they fell, Lucy pulled Celestia into her arms and held her tight against her chest. She protected Celestia as they tumbled across the ground until they were forced to stop by Lucy's back slamming hard against a thick tree.

Happy quickly flew us down to check on the girls. Celestia crawled out of Lucy's arms unharmed and turned towards Lucy who wasn't moving. "Lucy?" she called out and shook her shoulder but didn't get a response. Tears started to form in her eyes. As soon as my feet hit the ground, I kneeled in front of Lucy and lifted her upper body into my arms, supporting the back of her head with my hand. I was relieved to at least see her breathing, but I noticed blood flowing down her face from the top of her forehead to the bottom of her chin. "Lucy, wake up" I called while gently shaking her in my arms but still no response. She needed medical attention.

The monster roared and stomped toward us with a raised fist. My blood boiled as I whipped my head around and sent the monster a deadly glare. I laid Lucy down gently and then stood up to face the monster. Black chaos flames engulfed my body as I felt my power increase. "Chaos Dragon Secret Art: Destruction Ray!" I roared as a massive ray of Chaos flames shot out of my palms and cleanly cut straight through the monster's chest.

The monster's eye lost it's glow and colour before falling to the ground as a pile of rubble. With the monster taken care of, I turned my attention back to Lucy and picked her up in my arms. 'I need to take her back to the guild to Wendy' I thought and then the four scents crossed my nose again.

"Looks like the rumours are true. Chaos does have a weakness" a mysterious voice said behind us and I whipped around. Standing on the branches of the nearby trees, four figures stood smirking down at us. We were surprised to see three of the figures together. There was Nightmare from the Book of Imagination job, Zard from the White Lily job, Kumi from the Dark Sirens job, and a man we haven't met before. The man was buff with short flowy rich orange-red hair and red eyes to match. A thick scar sat from the top of his left eyebrow down to his chin. He wore a tight black shirt with dark green commando pants and a brown cloak over his shoulders. I felt a leader vide coming from him. 'I knew something smelt fishy about their disappearances' I thought as I growled.