Chapter 79 - The Adventures of Pizza

Natsu's POV

Good, Lucy's asleep. I could tell she was exhausted after today's events. After she left to chase Sting and Rogue, I decided to clean my house so my mate didn't have to sleep in my mess while she was staying over during Mating Season. Besides, if I left it, she would've cleaned it herself and she already has enough to deal with right now.

While she was getting some rest, I decided to get some dinner for her. What would she like for dinner though? Italian, Chinese, or maybe Western? Probably pizza would be the best option since the other male Dragon Slayers are joining us. I should probably get some fish for Happy too and probably Celestia. Speaking of them, they'll probably be joining us soon for dinner.

"How have you been Ryos? Have you gotten taller since I last saw you?" Gajeel joked as he ruffled Rogue's hair. 'Ryos?' I questioned in my head. Rogue knocked Gajeel's hand off, "I told you to not call me that" he complained. "Pfft, Ryos" Sting laughed. I noticed Lucy shift in her sleep. 'They're too loud' I thought as I growled. If they keep this up, they'll wake her up. All three males turned to look at me with fear. "Outside. Now." I glared at them and then they rushed out of the house before they had to deal with my temper.

I turned towards Lucy and quietly walked over to her. She looked so peaceful and beautiful when she sleeps. I kissed her forehead. "Mm Natsu" she mumbled in her sleep but didn't stir. A small smile appeared on my face. "I'll be back soon my mate" I whispered and then walked out of the house. Without looking at the other three dragon slayers waiting for me, I continued walking further into the city. I heard three sets of footsteps follow behind me.

We walked through the semi-quiet streets towards the pizza place on the other side of Magnolia. There was only one place in Magnolia that makes the best pizzas, Four Seasons Pizzeria. Only the best for my mate. Halfway through the walk, I sensed Gajeel straying from the group. I turned around and found him sniffing the air. His eyes glowed grey. "Mate" he growled before running off. I groaned and then ran after him with the other two following me. "Not again" Sting complained as we ran. 'This must've happened to Lucy earlier' I thought. If I had to guess, Gajeel smelt his mate's scent in the distance and his instincts took over.

Gajeel was proving to be very hard to catch. As soon as I get close enough to grab him, he either slips into a nearby alleyway or almost slicing me in half with his iron arm sword. I growled at how irritating this was getting. I promised Lucy I wouldn't purposely harm any of the Dragon Slayers during Mating Season but I will need to apply some force to stop them.

I jumped up onto the roofs and ran side by side with Gajeel while the other two ran on the streets behind him. He was getting closer and closer to Fairy Hills where I believe the girls along with his mate were living. We needed to stop him before he gets there. As soon as he turned onto a nearby alleyway, I decided to ambush him. I jumped down and landed on top of him. My hands grabbed his clothes and pinned him to the ground with a growl. Damn, he was stronger than before but still not stronger than me.

He snarled and fought against my grip like an animal. His glowing grey eyes filled with anger. The others finally caught up with us and blocked both ways out of the alleyway. Now that I've caught him, how am I supposed to keep my promise to Lucy and stop Gajeel? I can't knock him out because that's the same as harming him. What do I do? This is so frustrating! My anger and frustration built up in my chest and all I could do was roar in Gajeel's face.

Strangely, he stopped struggling against my grip and I looked down at him to see his eyes had gone back to normal. 'What in Earthland happened? Did my roar do that or something else?' I wondered. "What happened?" Gajeel asked, bringing me out of my thoughts. I let go of him and stood up. "Mating Season took over you" Sting answered Gajeel's question. Gajeel sat up and held his aching head. "Ah, the last thing I remember is thinking about Shrimp" he said. "The food?" Rogue questioned. "No, Levy. I just like calling her Shrimp Gihi" Gajeel replied. Now that this problem was solved, I really wanted to get the pizzas and get home to Lucy as soon as possible. The less time I'm stuck with these three the better. "Come on, I'm starving" I said and the others followed me. Luckily, Gajeel's antics took us closer to the pizza place.

When we arrived, the man behind the counter greeted us but then stood in fear when he saw me. "Three meatlovers, one barbeque chicken, and one supreme pizza" I ordered, making sure Lucy had a choice to choose from, and then I turned to the others. "What do you want?" I asked with a growl. They ordered a few meatlovers and a cheese pizza for themselves. I handed the man a bag of jewels to cover the payment.

After the pizzas were ready, we headed back. I made sure to pick up a couple of fish from the markets for both Happy and Celestia on the way. When we arrived back at my house, we found Happy and Celestia sitting on the couch while Lucy wasn't anywhere to be seen. "Where's Lucy?" I asked the exceeds. "We don't know, she wasn't here when we arrived" Happy replied and Celestia nodded. I walked over to the hammock and sniffed the air. Her scent lingered on the hammock but there was also an unfamiliar male scent. Rage boiled through my whole body and my magic energy built up as a feral growl escaped my lips. Someone had kidnapped my mate and they were going to die. I heard the others growl with me. Happy and Celestia flew to hide behind the couch at the sound of our growls. Sounds like the other Dragon Slayers are on board to help me find my mate.