Chapter 95 - Supportive Natsu

Lucy's POV

It has been months since Acnologia's death and I was now eight months pregnant. My belly had ballooned since then and made it harder to walk. Natsu had been super supportive and protective over the past few months. He wouldn't let me lift a finger, or walk for too long, and quickly became my own personal errand boy by his own choice. Earlier in my pregnancy, he took a couple of S-Class jobs to help pay for my rent for the months I couldn't take any jobs.

Right now, Levy and I were sitting at a table in the guild talking happily about all the playdates we would get our kids to do together. We hoped our kids would become best friends like us someday. Suddenly I felt my ankles beginning to swell and I needed to walk. "Excuse me Levy. I need to take a walk. My ankles are getting swollen from sitting all day" I said as I slowly stood up. "I understand" Levy replied.

Natsu was immediately by my side from his spot on the second floor. "What's wrong?" he asked while supporting me by my arm. I smiled, "nothing's wrong. I just need to walk around because my ankles are getting swollen" I explained. I loved seeing his protective and supportive side. He nodded and walked beside me, holding my hand as I walked. I headed towards the guild doors to get some fresh air. As soon as we were outside, I breathed a big breath of fresh air and enjoyed the feeling of the sunlight on my skin. It was a beautiful day outside for a walk. I noticed a commotion down the street and saw a small street market happening. "How about we go see the markets down the street?" I suggested. He hummed in agreement and then we walked towards the market.

I glanced at each of the stalls and what they were selling. They were selling all sorts of things from fruit and vegetables to jewellery and magic items. Natsu wasn't really paying much attention to the stalls but would look over at whatever I pointed out. His focus was clearly on keeping me and our unborn child safe. Ever since Acnologia's attack, he has been making sure something like that doesn't happen again. He made a lot of enemies before he met me, and some might take advantage of the situation.

After we finished looking at the stalls, I was feeling a bit tired. "You look tired. Let me take you home" Natsu said and I nodded in agreement. An early afternoon nap sounded good. When we reached my apartment, Natsu led me straight to my bed. I laid down comfortably and then slowly rubbed my belly. I couldn't wait to meet our little Dragon Slayer. A smile grew on my lips at the thought of what our child would look like. Natsu and I wanted the gender to be a surprise. Maybe it'll be a girl with Natsu's features or a boy with my features. I also wondered what kind of dragon slayer they would be.

Natsu sat beside me and surprised me when he rested his head on my belly. I was sure he couldn't wait to meet our little Dragon Slayer either. He listened to our child's heartbeat until I felt a kick. "Ow" I exclaimed and Natsu whipped his head up. He looked worried and surprised at the same time. Worried that I got hurt and surprised to feel our unborn child's kick. I chuckled, "looks like he or she will be a strong kicker" I said. "Like his or her mother" Natsu chuckled before Natsu resting his head on my belly again.

He gently rubbed part of my belly with his hand in a slow circle while reaching down to hold my hand with his other hand. It made me smile watching Natsu excited for our child. He had grown so much as a person since I met him. I knew he was going to be an amazing father. My eyes tiredly fluttered closed as I felt relaxed enough to sleep. As I was slipping deeper into unconsciousness, I felt a warm kiss on my forehead.

Later I woke up to the smell of food. I opened my eyes and sniffed the air. At least I'm not smelling anything burning since Natsu can't cook. "What's that smell?" I asked as I slowly sat up. I glanced out the window and noticed it had become dark. Natsu walked inside my front door with a takeout pizza box in hand. "Pizza" he replied and placed the pizza box on the table where four plates were set. Thank goodness he didn't decide to cook. I tried to get out of bed, but I was struggling with my heavy belly. Natsu rushed to my side and helped me stand. When we reached the table, he pulled out my chair for me like a gentleman. Once I was seated, he pushed the chair back in.

He sat down as I reached to open the box. I was surprised to find a Hawaiian pizza instead of a Meatlovers pizza. Natsu and I both love Meatlovers pizza and Happy and Celestia like the Seafood pizza, so it doesn't make sense why he got Hawaiian. "Is this a mistake?" I asked. Natsu raised his eyebrow and shook his head. I developed a theory when I looked at the pineapple pieces on the pizza.

"Natsu...Have you been talking with Levy again?" I asked. He looked away from me, which I took as a yes. I lightly sighed, "pineapples won't make me give birth any quicker when I'm only 8 months along" I said. I really need to stop him from talking to Levy about my pregnancy. He crossed his arms and growled in disappointment. I giggled at his childish behaviour as I stood up and walked around to him. He clearly couldn't wait for our little Dragon Slayer to be born. I put both of my hands on his cheeks and moved his head to look up at me. "It won't be long now" I smiled and then leaned down slightly to kiss him. His lips met mine and he stood up so I was standing upright.

Suddenly we heard a camera click and whipped our heads to the window, where we saw Happy holding a lacrima camera with Celestia beside him. Both of them were laughing. "Oh no! We've been caught!" Celestia said, playfully. "Fly away! The dragons are after us!" Happy said and both of them flew away from the window. Natsu growled in annoyance and jumped out of the window to catch the little stalkers. I giggled at their antics and sat down in my seat before grabbing a slice of pizza. I'm not going to waste a perfectly good pizza.