Chapter 92 - Never Underestimate Friendship

Natsu's POV

Happy helped me follow the dragon pendant faster with his Max Speed magic. Behind me, Wendy, Gajeel, and Gray followed with Carla, Panther Lily, and Celestia. Kaito stayed behind with the rest of the guild to help them track our scent. The dragon pendant led us to a cave at the top of a mountain. "There" I growled as soon as I saw it. When I grew up with Acnologia, we always moved around the country, but we always stayed in one area longer when we found a cave.

We swiftly landed and I ran to the entrance of the cave. The vision I saw before me enraged me. I saw Lucy losing unconsciousness as Acnologia held her up by her neck. "LET HER GO!" I roared and he whipped his head to look at me. He smirked, "perfect timing Natsu. You're just in time for me to show you how weak love is" he said as he lit his fist up with black chaos flames. My heart raced and beat hard in my chest, knowing he was going to kill my mate and my unborn child right in front of me. I growled furiously as some black and dark blue scales grew on my arms, legs and face. Without hesitation, I bolted towards him to stop him when an iron club extended from behind me and punched Acnologia in the side. He dropped Lucy as he flew into the wall.

While he was down, I threw a Chaos Iron Fist at him but he grabbed my fist. He kicked me in the stomach and I was thrown next to Lucy. Gray ran forward with his black Demon Slayer marks on his body and chanted an Ice-Make Hammer on top of Acnologia. I quickly took this as a chance to move Lucy away from the fight. I picked her up and ran outside to where Wendy and the exceeds were waiting. "Look after her" I said to Wendy as I laid her down in front of her and then ran back inside the cave.

As soon as I entered, Gray and Gajeel's bodies crashed into me. The three of us groaned and then I shoved both of them off of me. "Tsk tsk Natsu, you know you're not strong enough to beat me, even with your pitiful human friends" Acnologia taunted, unharmed. I growled, he shouldn't underestimate me and my friends. With my friends' help, we are strong enough to defeat him. "All physical abilities rise! Deus Eques!" I heard Wendy chant and then Gray, Gajeel and I glowed with a bright blue light. I was amazed, I felt physically stronger. I had no idea that Wendy had this type of power, but it made me glad I had her and my friends to back me up.

I leapt forward and Gajeel followed me. Gray stayed behind to guard Lucy, Wendy and the exceeds. Acnologia smirked egotistically as he lit both of his arms with black chaos flames. I lit my hands in retaliation and jumped at him. I lifted my arm for a punch, but he knocked me back with his arm. As I flew back, Gajeel extended his arm into his Iron Dragon Sword. Before it could land a hit on Acnologia, he stepped to the side in the last second and pushed it away with the palm of his hand. Gajeel retracted his Iron Dragon Sword and ran at Acnologia.

While Acnologia was focusing on Gajeel, I jumped at him in his blind spot and landed a kick to his face. He stumbled back and then Gajeel punched him in the gut with an Iron Dragon Club. Acnologia skidded back but stayed standing and grabbed Gajeel's Club arm. Using his strength, he dragged Gajeel by his arm and tried to throw him at me. I nimbly dodged Gajeel's body and then ran at him. Before I could get close enough to land a close-range attack, he threw a ball of Chaos magic at my stomach. The force of the magic knocked me back. As I was in mid-air, Lucy jumped onto my stomach. "Huh? Ah!" I exclaimed before she jumped off me like I was a springboard.

When I crashed onto the floor, I whipped my head up to where she was in mid-air. Some red scales grew on her arms, legs and face. "Fire Dragon Queen Roar!" she chanted and a powerful, bright, flaming roar blew down at Acnologia. He quickly jumped back but not without some burns on his arms. He glared at Lucy with an annoyed growl. "Lucy!" I called out as I ran to her and stood in front of her protectively. Keeping my eyes on Acnologia.

"Stay out of this fight and run as far away as you can Lucy. I don't want either of you to get hurt" I said, referring to her and our unborn child. Gray, Gajeel and Wendy attacked Acnologia so he was distracted while I protected Lucy. Lucy put her hand on my shoulder. "I won't run away. This is my fight too. We're mates and partners, so that means your fight is my fight. How about this? I'll support you with long-range attacks while you attack him with close-range attacks. That way, I can protect our unborn child while helping you defeat Acnologia" she said. Why was she so stubborn? Unfortunately, it was one of the reasons I love her.

"Ok, but if it gets too dangerous, I want you to run away and not look back" I said as I looked over my shoulder to look at her. She sighed but nodded. She clearly didn't like that idea, but she knew she must live for our child. I turned my head forward and leapt back into the fight. As Acnologia knocked back Gray, Gajeel and Wendy, I punched him in the chest, but I was surprised to see two fists next to mine. One covered in light and the other covered in shadows. Acnologia flew back into the wall. I was surprised they were here as they stood on either side of me. "Sting?! Rogue?! How did you get here?!" Lucy exclaimed. "You can thank Celestia for this" Sting replied. I realised this cave was close to Crocus so Celestia must've flown over to get them.

"You think I would be defeated by your weak attempts? Wrong. I'm done playing around with you" Acnologia said and then began transforming into his dragon form. "Get out of the cave!" I shouted while running to Lucy and picking her up in my arms before bolting out of the cave. Fighting him in this small cave will be too dangerous. Everyone's exceeds picked their humans up and flew a little distance away from the cave. Happy grabbed onto me with Lucy still in my arms while Celestia picked up Gray. Acnologia walked out of the cave and his eyes narrowed at me and Lucy. "Last chance Natsu. Surrender Igneel's daughter or I'll have to kill all of your new human friends as well" he said. "No" I replied, glaring at him. I would never surrender Lucy to anyone. He would have to kill me first before he laid his hands on her. He roared in anger while lifting his wings.

"Fairy Tail, let's help take Acnologia down!" we heard the old man call out. We looked to the side to see our guild had arrived to help. Kaito flew up to join the other Dragon Slayers with Kyan. Now we have all the Dragon Slayers except for Laxus. Time to take this fight outside.