Chapter 40 - Lucy's in Trouble

Natsu's POV

As soon as I stepped inside the infirmary with Lucy's glass of water, I saw Happy flying Lucy out the window. 'She's escaping' I thought as I threw the glass onto the floor, spilling water everywhere, and then ran to the window. By the time I got to the windowsill, they were too far away for me to grab. I glared angrily for them to come back but they refused. "Sorry Natsu!" Lucy called back as they flew further and further away from the guild.

Furious with their actions, I punched the wall beside the window causing a large hole to open up. Wendy and Carla screamed for a second at my sudden action. 'Why didn't I expect Lucy would try something like this' I thought to myself. I sighed, 'better go after them before Lucy gets hurt more' I thought but I needed a way to get there. I can't get there without Happy and even if I could, it'll take too long.

"Do you think Lucy and Happy will be alright, Carla?" Wendy asked her exceed. I was reminded that there was another exceed in the room and then I turned to them. "Female Happy. Take me there" I demanded Carla with a glare. "How rude! I have a name you know" she complained, and I glared harder. I wasn't in the mood for her attitude. "O-Ok" she hesitantly replied and then picked me up. She flew me as quickly as she could out of the large hole I created.

"What are you going to do when you get there?" Carla asked as she flew towards the Phantom Lord guild. I didn't answer her and even if I wanted to, I wouldn't know. The only plan in my head was to find Lucy and Happy, fight anyone who gets in my way and then dragged them back to the guild. I can't believe Lucy's making so much trouble for me. She owes me big time when this is all over.

Carla flew me inside the Phantom Lord guildhall through one of the windows and then put me down. "You're welcome" she huffed, knowing I won't openly thank her, and without hesitation, she flew back to the guild. Now that I was inside, I ran through the halls searching for Lucy and Happy. Those two are in so much trouble once I find them.

As I ran through the Phantom Lord, I found a couple of my guildmates fighting two of the Element 4. Gray vs Sol of the Earth. 'Not them' I thought. Erza vs Aria of the Air. 'Not them' I thought again. Where the hell could they have gone? Suddenly I caught Lucy's scent and followed it to a large room. In the centre, Lucy was in the middle of a battle with Kaito. Nearby Happy and Kyan were wrestling. I sighed, I need to stop this.

As Lucy and Kaito were about to punch one another, I jumped into the middle of their fight and grabbed both of their fists. "Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed when she saw it was me. I released Kaito's fist then wrapped an arm around Lucy's waist and dragged her away from him. "Let me go. I can't just sit back and watch my friends fight. I have to be the one to take him down" she complained. "You're injured" I growled as I glared at her. "Wendy healed me up" she argued, glaring back at me. "Come on let the girl fight. It's not like she can beat me anyway" Kaito interrupted our conversation with a smirk. Lucy growled and tried to attack him, but I held her back. "Let me at him!" she shouted as she struggled.

"Need some help Kaito?" a new voice spoke. We all turned to the entrance where a guy with black and white hair and a thick black line across his face walked in. "You're the guy that helped Kaito kidnap me!" Lucy shouted from my grasp as she pointed to the new guy. "The name's Totomaru" the new guy introduced himself and I glared at him. So Kaito wasn't the only one who kidnapped Lucy. That explains how she lost the fight. This guy is Totomaru of the great fire.

"Thanks for coming to help. Now that Chaos has joined the party, I can't take both of them down by myself" Kaito said as Totomaru joined his side. Looks like these two aren't going to let me and Lucy leave without a fight. I looked down at the childish Fire Dragon Slayer and groaned which gained her attention. "One fight" I said with a single finger up like I was letting a child have a single candy before bedtime. Lucy's eyes sparkled at my words. "Yes" she cheered and then I removed my arm from her waist.

"I'll take Kaito and you take Totomaru" she stated and I raised my eyebrow. Wouldn't she be better fighting Totomaru since she can eat his flames? "He can control my fire so my attacks won't be as affective" she explained, noticing my questioning expression. I nodded my head, agreeing to her decision and then turned to the water and fire of the Element 4.

"Let's resume our fight, shall we?" Lucy said as she leapt towards Kaito. I saw Totomaru's eyes widened for a second and then Lucy's flaming fist punched her face. If we weren't in the middle of a battle right now, I would've thought it was funny. Now I saw what Lucy meant when she said he could control her flames. Before he could control her flames again, I leapt at him and aimed a punch at him to put his focus on me. He quickly jumped out of the way and then smirked at me.

I leapt at him again and tried to kick him, but he jumped away again. He's annoyingly nimble. "I've heard about your deadly punches but they're useless if they can't hit your target. Blue Flame!" he chanted, and a stream of blue flames charged at me. "Chaos Dragon Roar!" I chanted and blew my chaos magic out of my mouth to counter his flame. My magic easily destroyed his flames.

"You know, I think I've got you figured out Chaos" he smirked, and I raised an eyebrow. Why the hell is he so cocky? I wasn't interested in his small talk, so I ran at him with a black flaming fist. He tried that eye trick, but nothing happened. "W-What?!" he exclaimed before I punched him across the room into a wall. He stared up at me in terror as I stalked towards him. That's more like it. I rather his terrified expression than his cocky one.

"My magic may look like flames but I ain't no fire wizard" I growled, igniting my fists. He turned to use his magic on Lucy as if it would save him from me, but I knocked him out with a single punch to the head before he could. Speaking of Lucy, I turned to see her still battling Kaito. I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed and decided to watch their fight. She would be mad if I interrupted her fight. Besides, if she needs help, I'll step in. This should be somewhat entertaining.