Chapter 74 - Unlikely Help

Natsu's POV

Just as I was about to raise a fist to land my first punch on Nobu, a huge dark shadow flew over us. We both froze and turned to see what that giant shadow was when it turned out to be a real dragon. The dragon rammed into the crystal dragon and knocked it to the ground. "Lucy!" I exclaimed until I saw who the dragon was. 'Ignia?!' I thought. "Release my sister!" he growled as he fought the crystal dragon. I was surprised to find him helping Lucy but at least he'll hold off the crystal dragon from destroying the Magic Council.

I turned my attention back to Nobu and landed my first punch while he was distracted by Ignia. He was knocked back and rolled back into a crouch position. "Lucky shot" he commented before running towards me. I ignited my black flames around my fists and leapt into the air. I raised my fist and slammed it down. He jumped back and I landed on the ground in a crouch in front of him, cracking the ground beneath me. With no hesitation, I quickly swung my leg around and tripped him. My quick reflexes and rage were no match for him. He may have almost indestructible monsters, but he hasn't trained his body for hand-to-hand combat.

Nobu reached into his pocket and grabbed a bunch of crystals. He crushed the crystals in the palm of his hand and the crystal began to cover his skin. 'What's he doing?' I wondered as the crystal engulfed his entire body like armour. 'Looks like he took this fight to another level' I thought. I threw a punch at his chest and it barely made a crack. I don't understand, his willpower wasn't this powerful before. He kicked me in the stomach and I flew backwards. As I hit the ground, I rolled back onto my feet. "Not as easy as breaking my creations, is it Chaos?" Nobu mocked. It was clear to me that I'd need to work harder to take him down.

I took a glance to check on Lucy but Ignia was still fighting the crystal dragon. This sight gave me a newfound spark of anger. There is no more time to waste. I rushed towards him and exchanged some punches and kicks. With each attack, I kept chipping away at his armour until there were cracks all over his body. One more attack to his chest and his whole armour will crumble apart. I aimed my final powerful punch to his chest and he flew backwards into the Magic Council building. Parts of the wall fell on top of him covering his whole body.

Now that he was defeated, I turned my attention back towards Lucy and saw Ignia having a much easier time ripping the crystal dragon apart. I rushed over to Lucy and punched open the crystal dragon's bubble chest. The magic restraints around her body vanished and she dropped to the bottom of the bubble. I jumped in and carried her weak body out of the bubble. I couldn't help but notice her complexion was extremely pale.

She weakly opened her eyes. "Natsu, thank you" she said and then looked up at Ignia. "Ignia?" she said in surprise. "What? You didn't think I would come to help my sister? We still haven't had our fight yet. Put her down on the ground Chaos and step back for a moment" Ignia replied. I was hesitant to let go of her but I guess he had a plan of some sort. I laid Lucy down gently and took a few steps back.

Ignia took a huge breath before breathing fire on Lucy. My heart jumped, worried that she was too weak to handle any flames at this moment until the flames got sucked in and Lucy emerged standing strongly with all the colour back in her face. "Ah, just what I needed. Thanks Ignia" Lucy said. "You're welcome Sis. See you later" Ignia said before flying off to who knows where.

"Lucy!" Happy and Celestia cried as they crashed into Lucy's chest and knocked her over. I gasped when she fell. "I'm fine Natsu haha. I'm glad to see you both" she said. "Finally that's all over" we heard Gajeel and turned to see Gajeel, Wendy, Carla, and Pantherlily. Looks like this situation is all wrapped up. "Let's head home" Lucy said with a smile.