Chapter 21 - Doll Monsters

Natsu's POV

I don't understand what happened but somehow, I was left to fight this little girl. She was acting innocent while holding a creepy voodoo doll. Over her shoulder was a small bag full of dolls like the one she was holding. "Will you play with me?" Misa asked in a sickly-sweet voice. I didn't bother to entertain her with a reply. "Is it me or is this little girl creepy?" Happy muttered to me. 'You're not the only one thinking that buddy' I thought as I gave him a quick glance.

"Oh, I know what game we should play!" Misa cheered and then a creepy smile crawled onto her face. "Let's play Tag!" she cheered as she grabbed three dolls from her bag and threw them up into the air. They floated up above our heads with a purple glow and then started to grow into three large horrific creatures. Within a minute, Happy and I were surrounded by a stone troll, a werewolf and a dragon-lizard man. "She made monsters?!" Happy exclaimed.

The stone troll raised its fist and threw it down towards me and Happy. Without looking up, I lifted an arm over my head and stopped it from crushing us. The ground beneath me cracked at the pressure. "You wanna play? Let's play" I growled and then twisted my wrist so my palm was touching the stone troll's fist. I channelled my magic into my palm and then cracks appeared around its stone fist with small black flames peeking out. It roared as it retracted its fist and stumbled backwards into a column.

The other two, the werewolf and dragon-lizard man, both threw a punch at me. "Happy" I called and he immediately took action. "Aye sir!" he said as he grabbed the back of my cloak and lifted me into the air, high above the monsters' heads, before the fists would hit us. "Drop me" I told Happy and he let me go, without question, over the dragon-lizard man. 'Stupid dragon imposter' I thought as I punched its face in with my dark flaming fist. It crashed to the ground onto its back with a loud bang.

The werewolf reached out its hand to grab me but just before it could, I leapt onto its wrist and ran up its arm. I kicked its face with my flaming foot and then backflipped off of it into a crouch as it fell to the ground. I couldn't take a break as the stone troll had gotten back up and was about the stomp me with its foot. "Chaos Dragon Roar!" I chanted as I took a breath in and blew a roar of black flames out of my mouth. My flames pushed the stone troll's foot back and he stumbled backwards onto the dragon-lizard man who was trying to get up. Both of them collapsed on top of each other.

These monsters were pathetic. They couldn't land a single blow. "Happy" I called out and my blue exceed buddy flew down and picked me up. 'Time to put these columns into good use' I thought as we flew into the air towards a column and hovered in front of it. The closest monster, the werewolf, turned and charged at us. Just before it could touch us, we flew over it and it crashed into the column behind us. Happy snickered at how dumb the monster was.

The force created cracks to travel up the column, but it didn't collapse. I knew one more hit would do it. "Chaos Dragon Talon!" I chanted as I kicked with my flaming foot on the part of the column above the werewolf where the structure was weakest. As expected, the column broke into multiple large pieces and fell on top of the werewolf, crushing it beneath the rubble. A purple glow engulfed the defeated werewolf and it shrunk into its doll form. 'One down, two to go' I thought.

The dragon-lizard man was next to charge at me while the stone troll was trying to stand. I had a special idea for this dragon imposter. As it roared with its hand reaching out to grab me, I took a deep breath in. "Chaos Dragon Roar!" I chanted and my roar of dark flames travelled down its throat. Its whole body burst into flames and collapsed before glowing purple and shrinking into a badly burnt doll. Two down, one more to go.

The stone troll finally managed to regain its footing and then charged at me. "Happy drop me" I said and he let go. As soon as my feet touched the ground, I ran and then jumped at it, throwing a flaming uppercut to its chin. A large crack crawled up the middle of its face and half of its stone head fell to the ground as it stumbled backwards into a column. As the back of its head hit the column, the remaining half of its head broke off and crashed to the ground. The body and broken face began to glow purple before shrinking down into a decapitated doll.

Now that all the doll monsters had been defeated, all that was left was Misa. She looked up at me terrified that I'd defeated all her monsters with ease. I lifted a flaming fist up beside my head. Without her monsters, I was sure she would be easy to take down.

Out of nowhere, a man covered in burns crash-landed on top of Misa and pinned her down, knocking her unconscious. "Oops sorry Natsu" Lucy said as she walked towards us while scratching the back of her neck. "I had that" I grumbled as I extinguished my fist and she chuckled. "I know you did" she replied with a smile. "Natsu, Lucy, look!" Happy exclaimed and we turned to where he was pointing to see Nightmare holding the book, Raserath, in his hands. This isn't going to be good.